• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of Accepted Feature Requests
Perhaps more of a visual page turn would be helpful. As an organist, my eyes are always busy, looking this way and that (changing registrations, etc.), and I can't always look at the screen with a page turn. As such, I'm sometimes not sure if the page turned or not, especially since it happens so quickly. If there was a visual of some sort (perhaps like a page turning) that only delayed the turn slightly, that would help quite a lot.

Also, it might be nice to have a feature that listened to what was being played and followed along, turning pages automatically at the appropriate moments. Or have something similar, where the person can say "turn" and the page would turn, say "back" and it would go back. To go further, say "turn two" or "back two" to allow it to turn however many pages are said. (I do realize that this particular idea would be a feature that won't arrive for a while, but might be one to work with and experiment with.)
The next major update v4.1.0 is going to include multiple visual modes for turning pages, so I think you will get what you are looking for there. As for your other request, MobileSheets doesn't know anything about the PDF or image file you have loaded. Unless I performed OCR to convert the image to a digital representation of the sheet music (which is really difficult and error prone), I can't know how to relate what is being played to what part of the sheet music you are on. About the best I can offer there is a timed page turn based on a recording of you playing and when you needed to turn pages. I don't know of an app out there that can turn pages based on what you are playing if it doesn't have a digital representation of the sheet music to compare against to understand your progress as you play through the piece.
(03-31-2013, 03:19 PM)Zuberman Wrote: The next major update v4.1.0 is going to include multiple visual modes for turning pages, so I think you will get what you are looking for there. As for your other request, MobileSheets doesn't know anything about the PDF or image file you have loaded. Unless I performed OCR to convert the image to a digital representation of the sheet music (which is really difficult and error prone), I can't know how to relate what is being played to what part of the sheet music you are on. About the best I can offer there is a timed page turn based on a recording of you playing and when you needed to turn pages. I don't know of an app out there that can turn pages based on what you are playing if it doesn't have a digital representation of the sheet music to compare against to understand your progress as you play through the piece.

Here is a thought: MobileSheets already remembers the tempo for a song. Would it be possible to have it store a parameter for each page of the song, representing the number of beats on that page? (I was going to say "number of measures" but some songs have irregular measures) For songs that play "straight through (without complicated flow) this would give a way for MobileSheets to guess when to turn the page. Alternately, I suppose you could set a number of seconds per page, that could also compensate for tempo changes, fermatas, etc.

Now mind you, I'm not asking you to delay any of the other nice features you are working on, to implement this! Smile Just trying to toss an idea or two out there for future consideration.
That's exactly what I'm hoping to add at some point. It would depend a lot on people keeping their tempo consistent, but I think it's better than nothing. I'm trying to not delay the new features, but bugs and my day job keep getting in the way Smile
(04-01-2013, 04:09 AM)Zuberman Wrote: That's exactly what I'm hoping to add at some point. It would depend a lot on people keeping their tempo consistent, but I think it's better than nothing. I'm trying to not delay the new features, but bugs and my day job keep getting in the way Smile

Any chance of having mp3 start/stop or volume support for bluetooth pedals in the update?
I'm hoping to make the bluetooth pedals completely programmable so that you can tie whatever actions you want to each pedal. I just haven't had time to do this work yet Sad
Hi,
Can you give us a ballpark guess of when the next release will be?
Thanks
My release date keeps sliding because I have not gotten as much time as I'd hoped to dedicate to MobileSheets. I'm taking a week off work (my day job) so I can focus on MobileSheets starting either next week or the week after, which should put me much closer. I'll have a much better idea after that when the exact release date should be. Sorry I can't be more accurate than that - it's a huge update.
Zuberman, I've been away from the forum for a while - was positional (and hopefully positional zoom while annotating) zoom implemented yet as of 3.9?

Sent from my dlx using Tapatalk
Not yet I'm afraid, I'm still finishing the update that is bringing those features.

Positional zooming while annotating is already supported. You can also pan by using a two finger pan gestures. The current version is v4.1.0. 3.9 is definitely out-of-date.

Mike
Zuber..... Do you have next page preview (while stilling seeing the bottom of the page you're reading on the list?)

Just trying to make page turns more friendly and avoiding a horrible surprise as passages sometimes span from the bottom of one page to the top of the next :-) Let's you read ahead to the top of the next page?

scott
The feature you are describing is what I normally refer to as half-page turns in portrait mode. This is coming in version 5, and has been requested by a huge number of users, so I know it's very important to people.

Mike
thanks Zuber!!
I think this thread is obsolete and confusing...
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I agree
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de