• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SIngle PDF with many songs or many PDF with just one song ?
I use both ways. Songs I regularly play with my bands are one file per song. Usually not scanned but exported from WinWord, OpenOffice, Finale or MuseScore via PDFCreator or ChordPro.
Additionally I have some Fakebooks on the tablet as big PDFs, one PDF per book. For each of these books I create as a starter two songs in MSP, one for the table of contents and one containing the whole book. And I have two Excel xls files also copied to my tablet. One containing the tables of contents of all Fakebooks that are on the tablet, one containing the TOC of all my Fakebooks, including those that are not on the tablet. They are maintained in a database and exported from there when required.
In case I want to play a song from a Fakebook regularly, I add it as a song into my MSP library with the respective page order set. NOT via bookmarks! Those songs from complete Fakebooks can be used in MSP exactly the same way as the "one file per song" songs. Cropping, annotations, meta data, setlists ... everything. Any Fakebook exists only once on the tablet, no copies are created when they are reused multiple times. And I did not find any performance issues so far. Great work, Mike, well done.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Messages In This Thread
RE: SIngle PDF with many songs or many PDF with just one song ? - by itsme - 09-15-2015, 08:37 PM