Poll: A search function for the manual would be helpful.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
2 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
I don't care
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
search function for manual
Question 
Is there a search function for the manual in MSP? If not, it would be great to have one. At least I couldn't find it.

Nachthorn.
The manual is in PDF format. Any PDF reader will provide a search function.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(09-18-2015, 07:13 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: The manual is in PDF format.  Any PDF reader will provide a search function.

GraemeJ,

of course I know that. But that's not very convenient.
The issue is that there is neither a searchable help function included in the application nor available online. So we rely completely on the manual.
MSP offers the manual on board of the application but without a search. Hence I can either open the manual in MSP and scan through the table of contents hoping to find the right key word by chance or I can search for the manual on my local memory where I've saved a copy of the file*, open it with a PDF reader use the search there to finally return back to MSP.
This means redundant data and the use of two applications instead of one.
I think this could be resolved better.

*Of which I can never be sure that it's the latest version if I haven't downloaded right now.

Nachthorn
The manual on the website is always the latest one, and MS Pro automatically checks for the latest manual and downloads it if necessary if you access the help option (if you have wifi enabled). As far as adding a search capability, I can certainly look into doing that at some point. The new PDF library I've switched to makes it a lot easier to do this, so I'll just need to make the necessary UI modifications to support it.

Mike
(09-18-2015, 10:40 AM)Zuberman Wrote: The manual on the website is always the latest one, and MS Pro automatically checks for the latest manual and downloads it if necessary if you access the help option (if you have wifi enabled). As far as adding a search capability, I can certainly look into doing that at some point. The new PDF library I've switched to makes it a lot easier to do this, so I'll just need to make the necessary UI modifications to support it.

Mike

Mike,

this sounds great. I would be really happy to use the manual directly out of MSP. Looking forward to th update.

Nachthorn