• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change page order wreaks havok
Sorry for the cross posting but I just came across a MAJOR BUG that I already mentioned in the Tips and Tricks section

That is if you change the page order in your file all annotations and links are displaced!

1 - For the annotations they are doubled up. They will therefore appear on the page preceding the correct page for which they were intended.
This causes dynamics, colors, written material and whatever to be either obscuring the score on the proceeding page or just floating nowhere on the page (they stay in the same area exactly where they were originally added on the original page).
The only fix is to manually erase all of the annotations on the page which of course has to be done one at a time.
The original annotations are unaffected and "stick" to the page where they were created in the first place

2 - If you add links they also will now link to the INCORRECT page, in my case I cut out one page and all links after that page now link to the page AFTER the page they were intended.

As I suggested in the other thread if you use your pdf files with NO ANNOTATIONS nor LINKS this is fine but I think if I may as a year long 4 score user on Ipad they have this flatten pdf ability. 
Also the flattened file can be edited natively even erasing pages. This of course would solve all these problems instantly at once.
The other alternative is the flattening pdf file which I know is featured in the next update. This is also fine as one can easily export the flattened pdf file - then add cut pages on the computer (Preview in Mac OS does this very efficiently) and reimport.

P.S. Another bug I unfortunately discovered yesterday is that an entire page was missing (one that what is in the middle of the page range specified) and only after changing and specifying the page order reappeared. In the middle of a rehearsal (and luckily not in front of hundreds of people on stage or live on the radio or TV!) I realized it was missing. This never happened before so this specify page order is very precarious and I personally will not use it as it's too much of a risk in concert.
(10-02-2015, 08:10 PM)marais Wrote: Sorry for the cross posting but I just came across a MAJOR BUG that I already mentioned in the Tips and Tricks section

That is if you change the page order in your file all annotations and links are displaced!

1 - For the annotations they are doubled up. They will therefore appear on the page preceding the correct page for which they were intended.
This causes dynamics, colors, written material and whatever to be either obscuring the score on the proceeding page or just floating nowhere on the page (they stay in the same area exactly where they were originally added on the original page).
The only fix is to manually erase all of the annotations on the page which of course has to be done one at a time.
The original annotations are unaffected and "stick" to the page where they were created in the first place

2 - If you add links they also will now link to the INCORRECT page, in my case I cut out one page and all links after that page now link to the page AFTER the page they were intended.

As I suggested in the other thread if you use your pdf files with NO ANNOTATIONS nor LINKS this is fine but I think if I may as a year long 4 score user on Ipad they have this flatten pdf ability. 
Also the flattened file can be edited natively even erasing pages. This of course would solve all these problems instantly at once.
The other alternative is the flattening pdf file which I know is featured in the next update. This is also fine as one can easily export the flattened pdf file - then add cut pages on the computer (Preview in Mac OS does this very efficiently) and reimport.

There is a similar discussion on page order and duplication here; it's to do with the way instances of pages are created from the source pages.
(10-03-2015, 09:13 PM)alex_hk90 Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 08:10 PM)marais Wrote: Sorry for the cross posting but I just came across a MAJOR BUG that I already mentioned in the Tips and Tricks section

There is a similar discussion on page order and duplication here; it's to do with the way instances of pages are created from the source pages.

Yes indeed thank you! I scanned the thread but I didn't see anybody (unless I missed it) that mentioned the WORST that is HORRORS an entire page missing! That really is over the limit. I'm even considering to buy the very expensive new Ipad as I was a 4 score user and none of this of course happened with their program. They recommended mobilesheets in the first place and surely Mike will work this out. Let's pray and cross our fingers because in a concert situation really printed out paper is much more reliable, unless you forget one page or they blow off the stand your sure that they are there!
(10-03-2015, 09:52 PM)marais Wrote: Yes indeed thank you! I scanned the thread but I didn't see anybody (unless I missed it) that mentioned the WORST that is HORRORS an entire page missing! That really is over the limit. I'm even considering to buy the very expensive new Ipad as I was a 4 score user and none of this of course happened with their program. They recommended mobilesheets in the first place and surely Mike will work this out. Let's pray and cross our fingers because in a concert situation really printed out paper is much more reliable, unless you forget one page or they blow off the stand your sure that they are there!

I haven't seen that happen myself - are you able to reproduce it?
I have a lot of fixes coming for the page ordering in the next update. I found a number of problems present when I was using it in conjunction with the new features to write out annotations. I'm hoping to send out a version of the update for users to test today.

Mike
Quote:Let's pray and cross our fingers because in a concert situation really printed out paper is much more reliable, unless you forget one page or they blow off the stand your sure that they are there!

Actually, this did happen to me once, when I had forgotten to bring my clothespins on an outdoor gig...

But even then: I got into the habit of inspecting all my music before a performance. Make sure everything is there, in the right order, all annotations present or incorporated. Make backups. No playing with the tablet. In particular, no last minute upgrades of any software or hardware.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(10-04-2015, 05:54 AM)sciurius Wrote:
Quote:Let's pray and cross our fingers because in a concert situation really printed out paper is much more reliable, unless you forget one page or they blow off the stand your sure that they are there!

Actually, this did happen to me once, when I had forgotten to bring my clothespins on an outdoor gig...

But even then: I got into the habit of inspecting all my music before a performance. Make sure everything is there, in the right order, all annotations present or incorporated. Make backups. No playing with the tablet. In particular, no last minute upgrades of any software or hardware.

Yes indeed!
But that being said - my fault at the last minute to realize I had doubled a page;
The easiest solution was just to skip the page by tapping twice on the pedal.
But the day before the concert I zapped the page by the page ordering believing of course now my worries were over.
And luckily during the rehearsal and not the concert I found the missing page problem.
And by changing the page order once again fixed it for the rehearsal.
Then took screen shots of the lot reduced the pdf file size and all was fine yesterday at the the concert.
I think the problem came from the fact that the page BEFORE the page that was zapped by page order was a half page, that I had manually created in my original pdf file. So maybe Mobilesheets didn't consider it an entire page...
The organizer Festival de Ribeauvillé (Alsace France) even took a picture of my technology posted it on Facebook and said a "great mixture or old music and modern technology". Pix attached...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for sharing the pictures! I'm really glad your performance wasn't impacted by that problem.
(10-06-2015, 03:18 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Thanks for sharing the pictures!  I'm really glad your performance wasn't impacted by that problem.

No I really love your program I assure you and tell all here in France about it! I'm even meeting with the ambassador of Jordan (!) next week and he's more interested in my software than my music!
I did panic last week when the page went missing and I know you're all alone in developing this program unlike 4 score which has a complete team.
That being said I'm really looking forward to the new release so I'll be able to export the pdf files.
I think the more basic the more simple the better for performance.
So I always reduce the file size to 150 dpi, and make ONE CLEAN pdf file no page order, and if possible no new annotations (or very little). 
Infallible and as you see the organizer on Sunday took a picture of it!

So sorry for the heebie-jeebies I experienced last week Smile