• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change page order wreaks havok
Sorry for the cross posting but I just came across a MAJOR BUG that I already mentioned in the Tips and Tricks section

That is if you change the page order in your file all annotations and links are displaced!

1 - For the annotations they are doubled up. They will therefore appear on the page preceding the correct page for which they were intended.
This causes dynamics, colors, written material and whatever to be either obscuring the score on the proceeding page or just floating nowhere on the page (they stay in the same area exactly where they were originally added on the original page).
The only fix is to manually erase all of the annotations on the page which of course has to be done one at a time.
The original annotations are unaffected and "stick" to the page where they were created in the first place

2 - If you add links they also will now link to the INCORRECT page, in my case I cut out one page and all links after that page now link to the page AFTER the page they were intended.

As I suggested in the other thread if you use your pdf files with NO ANNOTATIONS nor LINKS this is fine but I think if I may as a year long 4 score user on Ipad they have this flatten pdf ability. 
Also the flattened file can be edited natively even erasing pages. This of course would solve all these problems instantly at once.
The other alternative is the flattening pdf file which I know is featured in the next update. This is also fine as one can easily export the flattened pdf file - then add cut pages on the computer (Preview in Mac OS does this very efficiently) and reimport.

P.S. Another bug I unfortunately discovered yesterday is that an entire page was missing (one that what is in the middle of the page range specified) and only after changing and specifying the page order reappeared. In the middle of a rehearsal (and luckily not in front of hundreds of people on stage or live on the radio or TV!) I realized it was missing. This never happened before so this specify page order is very precarious and I personally will not use it as it's too much of a risk in concert.

Messages In This Thread
Change page order wreaks havok - by marais - 10-02-2015, 08:10 PM
RE: Change page order wreaks havok - by alex_hk90 - 10-03-2015, 09:13 PM
RE: Change page order wreaks havok - by marais - 10-03-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: Change page order wreaks havok - by alex_hk90 - 10-04-2015, 12:40 AM
RE: Change page order wreaks havok - by sciurius - 10-04-2015, 05:54 AM
RE: Change page order wreaks havok - by marais - 10-05-2015, 08:33 PM
RE: Change page order wreaks havok - by Zubersoft - 10-04-2015, 12:46 AM
RE: Change page order wreaks havok - by Zubersoft - 10-06-2015, 03:18 PM
RE: Change page order wreaks havok - by marais - 10-06-2015, 06:48 PM