• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paint Trick Suggestion
Even with a score that's well laid out for in the flesh (paper) double page sheet music, using the single sheet layout I often run into some wicked page turn situations (I'm on a 12" NotePro).

I then find myself manually drawing an offending bar or two (that come right before/after the turn) to the top/bottom of the next/prior page, so that I have enough reading flow in those situations (I use one or several Staff stamps lined up horizontally, and draw in the notes).

It occured to me that it would be much easier (and nicer to read) if I were able to crop out those bars from their original page (selecting them with the same rectangular marquee tool that drives the eraser) and paste them to the place where I need them, much like you'd do in a program like Paint, where you can superimpose/move cropped fragments onto your base picture file.

Of course, there may be a workaround to achieve precisely that, but then I am not aware of it. I know I can use half page turns, but I don't always feel comfortable with that solution.
Personally, I would scribble the notes (much faster, but less nice) and, at home, use any convenient image manipulation program to perform the required cut/paste and prepare a new score sheet to be imported into MSPro.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(10-17-2015, 05:45 PM)sciurius Wrote: Personally, I would scribble the notes (much faster, but less nice) and, at home, use any convenient image manipulation program to perform the required cut/paste and prepare a new score sheet to be imported into MSPro.

With all MS already does, this would still be a nice feature. It would also enable me to make cue notes from other instruments on the fly during a rehearsal, when the need suddenly arises or a conductor suggests it. Speeding up the process, rather than outsourcing it with all the extra time and app requirements that go with your method.
Broadly, I'm with sciurius on this.  I find it much quicker to make pencil and paper notes and then transfer the relevat points onto the tablet at home.  I agree with you that doing it direct can speed up the process - but that's speeding it up for you, not the other players, who are waiting for you to complete your adjustments.

Agreed, it does take a you little more time, but it also means there are no delays during rehearsal and you have the time to decide what is relevant from the notes and the best way to display those points.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(10-17-2015, 11:50 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: Broadly, I'm with sciurius on this.  I find it much quicker to make pencil and paper notes and then transfer the relevat points onto the tablet at home.  I agree with you that doing it direct can speed up the process - but that's speeding it up for you, not the other players, who are waiting for you to complete your adjustments.

Agreed, it does take a you little more time, but it also means there are no delays during rehearsal and you have the time to decide what is relevant from the notes and the best way to display those points.

The way I imagine the process, I'm barely holding up the rehearsal. 
I think the design of such software ideally needs to cater to the broadest scope of possible needs. I undesrstand where you are coming from, but in my work I have often wished for such a feature. It is not meant to substitute your homework method, but to complement it for specific situations (I often get the music for a rehearsal with very little notice, sometimes loading it onto the tablet at the rehearsal itself).