• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downloading Companion
I have a problem downloading the latest version of Companion onto one of my laptops.
Firstly, apart from a message stating that Zubersoft was a dangerous site and did I really want to continue, I successfully downloaded the Companion onto one of my laptops.
On my other laptop, after getting the same dangerous message I downloaded the update but when I tried to install I got a message saying that a virus "Drep" was infecting the download and it wouldn't install.  I tried the obvious like erase affected downloads, different browser, checked Avast for exceptions and restarted on many occasions but all I get now when I try to access Zubersoft.com is a message saying "this webpage not available".  I appreciate the problem is at my end but has anyone got ideas on resolving this. The problem laptop is the one I prefer to use and I don't have any other problems with it.

Windows 10 64bit
Chrome & MS Edge browsers
Avast Free Antivirus
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
(10-22-2015, 07:33 PM)namder Wrote: I have a problem downloading the latest version of Companion onto one of my laptops.
Firstly, apart from a message stating that Zubersoft was a dangerous site and did I really want to continue, I successfully downloaded the Companion onto one of my laptops.
On my other laptop, after getting the same dangerous message I downloaded the update but when I tried to install I got a message saying that a virus "Drep" was infecting the download and it wouldn't install.  I tried the obvious like erase affected downloads, different browser, checked Avast for exceptions and restarted on many occasions but all I get now when I try to access Zubersoft.com is a message saying "this webpage not available".  I appreciate the problem is at my end but has anyone got ideas on resolving this. The problem laptop is the one I prefer to use and I don't have any other problems with it.

Windows 10 64bit
Chrome & MS Edge browsers
Avast Free Antivirus
I had the same problem.  I had to disable Avast.

But, now I am having problem that songs are not showing up in the Companion.
The reason you are seeing those errors is that my installer is not digitally signed. I'm working on buying a digital certificate right now, but I don't know how long it will take for the company to vet me. It's really annoying that Microsoft forces developers to do this. If they don't, their applications are flagged as dangerous.

Mike
Thanks to Jeffn1 I'm now sorted.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2