• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.2.1: Vertical scrolling
I'm still having problems with scrolling.

I'm using a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (16:10 aspect I think)

I have a two page A4 PDF with scroll mode set to vertical scrolling and the tablet in portrait orientation.

Initially the whole of the first page is shown with a small gap and the start of the second page at the bottom. When I touch the right side of the screen the music scrolls up so the whole of the second page is shown and a small part of the first page at the top. That's fine and what I want.

Then I touch the left side of the screen to scroll back and it scrolls down so half the first page is shown and half the second. Not ideal, I would have preferred all the first page.

Now when I touch the left side of the screen it won't scroll any more. So I can't get to the top of the first page. If I have "Automatically Load Next Song" turned on, it actually moves to the previous song in the library/set list. Not what I wanted. If that setting is turned off it just pops up a "Start of Song" warning, which it clearly is not.

I also have touch areas set for next & previous song. (Bottom left & bottom centre). If I have "Automatically Load Next Song" turned off these don't work. Can this behaviour be changed? I really want to be able to distinguish between asking for a page turn and asking for a song change. Particularly as the page turn doesn't do what I want. Currently I find I either can't change song or it changes when I don't want it to. I feel that if you have gone to the trouble of setting up next & previous song commands, they should always work. The "Auto Load" option is, as stated in the description, for page turning. "Next page at the end of a song goes to next song." Not the same as explicitly asking for the next song.

Otherwise, for me, the upgrade has gone smoothly. Thanks

Andy
I have also noticed that tapping on the right only moves to the next song of the current one has more than one page. Whereas tapping on the left goes to the previous song regardless of how many pages

Andy
Andy, I've tried to reproduce this problem using 3 different tablets and about 50 different PDFs, and have had no luck whatsoever. When I tap on the right, it advances like you described. When I tap on the left, depending upon the size of the page, it either goes back up to the start of the page, or 1/2 to 2/3 up the page. I'm not sure that the algorithm should always go back up to the start of the page though. It makes sense to me that if you advance backward, it should work similarly to how it works forward. If I tap again on the left side of the page, it scrolls a tiny bit up to the top, like I would expect. It definitely does not try to go to the previous song.

What kind of tablet are you currently testing on? I performed my tests on three 10" tablets (my 7" is charging). Perhaps that has something to do with it. It may also help for me to get a copy of a PDF that exhibits this problem.

As for your request about the touch actions to go previous/next song, I'm happy to make that change, but I would sure like some feedback from other users that that's what they want as well. Hopefully others will chime in.

Thanks,
Mike
As I said in the first post, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 which I think has a 16:10 aspect ratio (Android 5.1). I am also using it in portrait mode.

Most of my two page songs exhibit this behaviour. I've attached one for you to try. When I touch the right edge it scrolls a full page forward so the bottom of the second page is at the bottom of the screen. When I then touch the left edge it scrolls, maybe, 3/4 of a page back. Then if I touch again, it either says "Start of Song" or jumps to the previous song in the library. It does not go to the top of the song.

As I'm sure you'll remember, I've been complaining about this for ages. It has always behaved like this. It just seems a bit worse with the jump to next/previous song.

Regards

Andy

Attached Files
.pdf   It Had Better Be Tonight Clarinet in Bb.pdf (Size: 96.86 KB / Downloads: 3)
Quote:Zuberman
As for your request about the touch actions to go previous/next song, I'm happy to make that change, but I would sure like some feedback from other users that that's what they want as well. Hopefully others will chime in.

Thanks for that Mike. If people really like the current behaviour, then I guess a second "enable" setting for the explicit commands would give that. It seems unnecessary to me, but may make it simpler for some.

To reiterate for clarity (I hope)

You can define explicit touch areas to move to the next and previous song.

What happens now - If "Automatically Load Next Song" is turned on in the library settings. Then the explicit touch areas work and when you do a page turn at the end or beginning of a song it will move to the next or previous song. If "Automatically Load Next Song" is turned off, neither of these things work.

What I would like is for "Automatically Load Next Song" to only affect the page turn. So if you have explicit areas set for next and previous song, these will always work. You can turn them off by undefining those areas, but if really wanted a new setting could be added to turn these on and off too..

Andy
It seems I encounter a similar problem with ChordPro files.
Scenario: Load a song from the playlist. A full page is visible.
Tap right: advances to next page. This can be repeated for all pages of the song.
Tap right on the last page of a song: Advances 2/3 page into the next song.
Tap right: advances 2/3 page. This can be repeated for the rest of the playlist.
Tap left: If at the top of a page, scrolls backward to the previous page. If two pages are shown, scrolls backward so the upper (partial) page is at its top again.
Tap left: scrolls backward to the previous page. This can be repeated for all pages of the song.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I believe I have a fix in place now for the incorrect behavior when trying to back to the top of the first page. Since no one really spoke up about the previous song/next song change, I'll go ahead and make that for you Andy.

Mike
Great, thanks Mike.
The latest version seems to fix this problem and the change to the next/previous song is as I wanted. Thanks.

One small thing. The description for the "Automatically Load Next Song" setting says it does not affect setlists. I don't think this is the case any more as a previous changed made it work for setlists.

Andy
Problem #6 (http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...0#pid12760) is still present in the latest version.
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
I'm not sure whether that's a problem Johan. The page turning isn't designed to align at the start of pages. I used to implement it that way and got feedback that that could cause sections of pages to be missed. I'll have to revisit what is the best behavior in the situations you described. The implementation still has to work in landscape mode where a full page turn is rarely warranted.
I think it's okay (even better) to advance 2/3rd of a page. It's just that it doesn't advance 2/3rd until it reaches the next song... So the bug is that the first song doesn't advance 2/3rd of a page.
Johan