• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
v2.1.8 - search not searching all fields
Set to search all fields, but doesn't appear to do it anymore. I didn't do an exhaustive test but it's not searching for Artists, at least.
Seems to work OK for me....at least for artists
Equal for me Search feature by "All Fields" don't find artist.
Doesn't work on some album titles either, strange.
I found the bug related to this, so it will be fixed in the next update.
(11-11-2015, 09:30 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I found the bug related to this, so it will be fixed in the next update.
It's fixed. Thanks Wink
Hi Mike,  I am facing the same issue with Version 3.3.1. Searching for instance in Collections for the composer by "all fields" does not find the composer. I have to switch to: search: "composer" then it works.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
I'll take a look at this and let you know what I find. It's possible there was a regression as I did fix a separate issue with filters.

Thanks,
Mike
I'm going to need more information. You posted this in a thread referring to the companion app but then mentioned 3.3.1 which is the tablet app version. I just tested on my Android tablet, and searching for a composer while viewing the songs in a collection worked fine - the matching song(s) showed up fine. Searching for a composer while viewing the list of collections will NOT search on any field but the collection title. It's set up this way to avoid conflicts when trying to filter the list of groups based on title. If you match on every song field in every collection while doing this, you will get a ton of potential matches and this could make it extremely difficult to filter the collections by title (which is generally what you are trying to do while searching on a group tab for a particular group by name). So if you want to search just on composer, you can switch the search type to that, and then it will show any collection containing a song that has that composer. This is by design. If users want it to work the other way where you have to explicitly change the search type to "Title" to search for a group name based on title, I can do that, but I believe I was contacted in the past by users who were extremely confused by the behavior because they got so many matches while just trying to filter their setlists, collections, etc by name.

Mike
Hi Mike,

yes sorry i did not cheched the thread, i just searched and this came up. You are right it is the tablet app version. Thanks for explayning.
Now i understand, and i already found that if i search with the fild "composer" then everything works well.

Thanks
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7