• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Tracks Manual Entry
(02-14-2014, 02:02 AM)gail white Wrote: I want to record my violin playing of a specific song and then play it back.....Can I do it all on the tablet or do I need to record on the PC and transfer. Also, do I need a special recording app for either the PC or tablet?

Generally, I find that the Android platform is not really slick enough for audio. Yes, it can play audio files, but as a recorder, it lacks quite a lot. I think you would be better to stick with the PC for this sort of thing.

You don't say what version of Windows you are using, but the more recent versions have in-built recording option (in Win 8 it's called the "sound recorder"). This might just suffice for your purpose, but there are plenty of third-party programs out there, from free to expensive, which will offer you far more flexibility.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Excellent stereo pocket recorders are readily available under $100. Too much latency in Android for pro recording. Playback is fine. Agree with above 100%.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
Although audio latency is a problem with audio apps on Android devices (if only they'd fix this), a simple recording should work fine on most devices. Sometimes a hifi recording app is required because general audio recorder apps are intended for "speech memo" purposes.

When recording, use the highest bit rate possible, with minimal compression (if used).
(02-14-2014, 11:15 PM)Marshland Wrote: Sometimes a hifi recording app is required because general audio recorder apps are intended for "speech memo" purposes.

I doubt there are any recording apps that are less than 16 bit. Use a sample rate of 44.1Khz and you have 'CD Quality' - which would be good enough for most people.

Overall sound quality depends on many factors, but a decent microphone and recording space run pretty much at the top of the list.

From the OP, I suspect that really high quality really isn't what is being sought here, just a means to record progress.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Some recording apps included in Android ROMs, in the past at least, used low sampling rates, took the microphone audio post-filtering, had no means of reducing the mic level and/or used poor quality compression. They're really just intended as digital dictaphone apps. As stated, fortunately there are 'hifi' apps out there for better quality, some record in lossless formats too.
The problem is that you need good microphones to get a good recording. Even the pocket recorders work better with external mics. Try a field recorder for good results.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon