• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lenovo yoga tablet 2 pro-1380
Ever since december 2011 I've been using MS on my Asus TF101. The tablet has been used intensive over these 4 years ans is now beginning to break down. This for me was a reason to go and look for a replacement.

The TF101 is a 10,1" tablet, for my new tablet I'd like a larger screen (12 or 13 inch). The availability of these large-screen tablets in the Netherlands is poor.  One that is available (at a reasonable price) is the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Pro-1380. 

Anyone here who uses this tablet? How do you like it? Any recomendations why I should or should not get it?
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, they say....
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, but still they come
Never used one of these myself, but a friend has one and seems to be very pleased with it.  To be fair he doesn't run MSP.

The biggest drawback that I can see is the built in stand.  This might be good for putting the tablet on a table, but looks as though it could prove a problem on a music stand or piano rack - which is what you will most likely use, since tablet holders for tablets of this size are as rare as hen's teeth.

The manufacturer most often recommended by MSP users is Samsung - I have one and it is pretty good - and they seem to present in the Netherlands, see www.samsung.com/nl/home/
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
But, maybe I'm wrong, I am seeing posts where Samsung has done things that have caused problems for MS users.

I have been very happy with my inexpensive Hannspree and Azpen 13" tablets. But they probably have drawbacks (writing on the tablet is not great. And I don't use bluetooth pedals (I connect via usb)

But, it seems you can almost get two tablets for the price of one. I find having a back up duplicate tablet (maybe two different brands is even better) gives me a real sense of comfort.
(12-12-2015, 11:01 PM)jeffn1 Wrote: But, maybe I'm wrong, I am seeing posts where Samsung has done things that have caused problems for MS users.

I have been very happy with my inexpensive Hannspree and Azpen 13" tablets.  But they probably have drawbacks (writing on the tablet is not great.  And I don't use bluetooth pedals (I connect via usb)

But, it seems you can almost get two tablets for the price of one.  I find having a back up duplicate tablet (maybe two different brands is even better) gives me a real sense of comfort.

Yes - Samsung have been guilty of this sort of thing but so have other manufacturers.  These sort of problems usually arise because users tend to jump straight in the moment any upgrade is released.  Much better to hang on for a little while and see what problems other people are reporting.  On the upside, many carry on with their Samsung devices, even knowing about these little glitches - which should say something about their general acceptability.

Any problems with cheaper tablets tend to show up long after purchase.  I bought a cheap tablet and it started to have problems  
with touch detection after a year of use.  It was a real pain to get this repaired (and needless to say, it was just out of warranty).  Later, the USB ports became very intermittent, presumably because they were of low manufacturing quality, which meant I couldn't rely on the pedals.  I purchased a Samsung P900 as a replacement and although it does have its quirks, it is miles ahead in terms of build quality.  I keep the original as a backup, but have never needed it.

All that said, prices are coming down in general, just as the original PC's dropped as manufacturing ramped up.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here