• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Pop Up Metronome/setlist etc box
Apologies if this has already been covered...

How do I get the little box with the metronome, setlist and other stuff to stop popping up when I tap the bottom right corner?  When viewing a score, if you tap the bottom right portion of the screen, that annoying little box pops up.  It's not a huge deal, as it fades away quickly... but I'd just like to make it stop popping up at all.

Is this possible?
(12-15-2015, 05:08 AM)bt017 Wrote: Apologies if this has already been covered...

How do I get the little box with the metronome, setlist and other stuff to stop popping up when I tap the bottom right corner?  When viewing a score, if you tap the bottom right portion of the screen, that annoying little box pops up.  It's not a huge deal, as it fades away quickly... but I'd just like to make it stop popping up at all.

Is this possible?

Anything is possible, but how else would you propose to access this very important menu?  If you are looking at a chart in performance mode, this is the only way to change that mode.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
That raised a question in my mind, shouldn't their be another way to get out of performance mode in the event that quick action popup fails? Maybe having a restart/reload opens into the overlay instead of the performance mode, not save 'performance mode on' when the app closes.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
If people would prefer that I don't save the performance mode setting, that is easy enough to do.

As far as the quick action bar at the bottom right of the screen, I've gotten a lot of requests to make it possible to hide or move it, so that's on the list of things to change.

Mike
Performance mode is not an issue for me. When in performance mode, I just hit the back button on my tablet, which takes me back to the library. From there I can exit performance mode.

I would love to see a preference to disable/hide that quick action bar. I never use performance mode and more often than not, I hit that quick action bar by accident.
I just wanted to clarify the problem I'm having... I hope it makes sense. I made a youtube video of it. I'm shaking my finger at the problem in the video. Check it out:
https://youtu.be/yVVdY5q_mmw
Maybe it's me, but I really don't see where the problem lies?

I can understand why some users might an option to put this menu in a different position, but removing it completely makes no sense to me.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I agree. I've been playing with this and if you're in performance mode on the main library page and close the app, there is no way to return to overlay mode without the quick action popup being present. To repeat, currently, the quick action popup MUST be available to switch between the two modes after/when/if the app is closed in performance mode, the back button does NOT work in this instance.
Samsung S7+, Android 12
The performance mode button is also displayed at the bottom right corner of the library screen in the floating toolbar, so you are never stuck in performance mode without the quick action bar.
Never using it, I would welcome to be able to suppress also the library floating toolbar, not just the one in the song view. I agree, the latter pops up accidentally quite often.
Did anything ever become of this?  I personally don't like the floating toolbar.  It always gets in my way of turning pages.  If there were a way to either hide it or have it pop up on a different corner of the screen, I'd be happy.
Settings>Touch Action Settings>Quick Action Bar>select appropriate action.
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(05-01-2016, 03:09 AM)Skip Wrote: Settings>Touch Action Settings>Quick Action Bar>select appropriate action.

This is EXCELLENT! Thanks
I agree that little pop-up metronome box is a problem. If we're in the middle of playing a set, and one of the guys accidentally taps too low (easy to do when a page has a quick turn) and that box pops up. I still don't know how to make it go away.
(06-06-2016, 08:54 AM)mercator1 Wrote: I agree that little pop-up metronome box is a problem.  If we're in the middle of playing a set, and one of the guys accidentally taps too low (easy to do when a page has a quick turn) and that box pops up.  I still don't know how to make it go away.

As Skip noted:

Settings>Touch Action Settings>Quick Action Bar>select appropriate action.