• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
song order with album "load all" option
I'm really happy to see the new option for loading all songs from a given album, but I don't understand the order in which songs are loaded. I'd expect them to be in alphabetical order by title, but that's not what seems to happen.

For example, I have an album with 15 songs, in which the titles are all prefixed with their number -- in other words,

01 First Title
02 Title of Second Song
15 Fifteenth Song Title

The actual order in which they were loaded was 01, 02, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 13, 15, 04, 08, 11, 03, 12, 14

In case it makes any difference, this was immediately following a transfer to a new tablet, which I did as follows:

- take a full backup (including mp3 files) on the old tablet, and save it on the removable SD card

- move the SD card to the new tablet, and do a complete reload from the backup

This worked perfectly (apart from moving the actual library from the SD card to the default location, because the full reload doesn't seem to have an option for reloading to removable storage), and I suspect (but can no longer prove Undecided) that the same ordering issue would have occurred on the old tablet also.

For reference, the original tablet was a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, and the new one is a Toshiba "Excite 13", purchased because I wanted the bigger screen (I wish it wasn't a 16:9 aspect ratio, but even with that the physical width in portrait mode is 6.5", compared to 5.5" for the 16:10 Note 10.1).

Anyhow, I don't know whether this ordering is expected behavior or a bug, but either way it would be nice to have an option to display the album titles in sorted order.

Thanks,

- Steven
I will have to look into this. The order of the songs should have been the same as if you opened up the album to view it. It sounds like there may be a bug present. Thanks for letting me know.

You can do a full reload to removable storage, but you have to be sure to set the removable storage location first in the settings, so that the dropdown will allow you to select removable storage.

Thanks,
Mike
(03-24-2013, 03:27 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I will have to look into this. The order of the songs should have been the same as if you opened up the album to view it. It sounds like there may be a bug present. Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you! Is there any further information I could provide that might help?

(03-24-2013, 03:27 PM)Zuberman Wrote: You can do a full reload to removable storage, but you have to be sure to set the removable storage location first in the settings, so that the dropdown will allow you to select removable storage.

Ah. This makes perfect sense, I just didn't think of it at the time. Now I have to decide whether to stick with my current situation, or take a new backup, wipe the database and reload. :-)

Thanks,

- Steven
(03-24-2013, 03:27 PM)Zuberman Wrote: The order of the songs should have been the same as if you opened up the album to view it. It sounds like there may be a bug present. Thanks for letting me know.

It looks like this bug has just been squashed in 4.0.9 when loading all songs by a given artist. Unfortunately, though, it doesn't look like the same fix has been applied to loading all songs in a given album, and that's the case I use much more frequently. Please apply it there too.

Thanks,

- Steven
Steven,

Sorry I overlooked that. I've added the fix for albums and genres too, so whichever update I release next will have it.

Mike
(04-09-2013, 02:21 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I've added the fix for albums and genres too, so whichever update I release next will have it.

Thank you! Smile

- Steven
(04-09-2013, 02:21 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I've added the fix for albums and genres too, so whichever update I release next will have it.

I noticed that this fix made it into 4.0.10. Between that and the Bluetooth pedals fix from 4.0.9, I'm very happy now. Smile

Thanks,

- Steven
Glad to hear it. I'll keep doing my best to get the fixes out that people need.