• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transpose Bug?
Open a Chordpro file.  Change key, using the transpose menu and hit OK.  Key changes show OK.  Open transpose menu again and hit 'original key' followed by OK - chart still shows the key it was transposed to in the first operation.  The only way to revert to the original key is to step through the menu and then hit OK.

Now, this may be how it is intended to work, but it seems counter-intuitive to me.  Hitting 'original key' should cause it to revert back.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
This has already been reported 01-04-2016 http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...824&page=4
It still exists in V 1.3.2
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

So it has, but seems to have got lost in the discussion about how to display sharps and flats Smile  .
Graeme

Some of my music here
There is one thing I'm not sure about. People seem to believe that changing the original key should also change the transposed key to match the original key. The intent of that "Original Key" button is to let you change the original key of the song so that the transposed key is in relation to that original key (i.e. the number of transposed steps will change). Obviously the bug makes it so that if you change the original key, nothing happens, but once that is fixed, are people still going to expect that original key button to reset the transposed key back to the original key? If so, I think I need to change things a little bit. I want there to be a way to easily change the original key from that dialog. If people want to be able to reset the transposed key, then I should add a separate "Reset" button.

Mike
I would expect the same result as if the transposition is moved back to the original position, the key that is set by the {key: tag or detected according to the "Detect Key By" setting.
Otherwise it would require writing changed chords according to the transposed key into the file - this would definitely be a new functionality.
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

The logical thing to expect is for the 'original key' button to reset the chart to whatever key it was in before a transposition.
Graeme

Some of my music here
I have not used this function so decided to try it. I read the referenced posts then loaded the only appropriate file I have. Short version; after puzzling over the 'original key' button and re-reading some posts, I finally figured the purpose of this button was to set the beginning reference point in the process. It should probably be renamed to something along the line of 'set starting key' or 'set initial key', with 'reset' used to return to the starting key although I'm not so sure a reset is really needed.

I would have thought that the 'Text File Settings' > 'Detect Key By' would have some impact on this subject, then there would be a starting point, although it may not work in some situations I suppose.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I have changed the wording to "Set Starting Key" and added a reset button.

Thanks,
Mike
Sorry to say that: the UI of V1.3.3 is less clear than before. The UI was almost perfect in V1.3.2.
There seems to be some misunderstanding regarding "Original Key". In my opinion "original key" is what is written in the text file: the first or the last chord depending on the "Detect Key By" setting, in case a {key: tag exists it overwrites the first/last chord detection. This is how MuseScore Songbook or Chordinator handle it.
The "Original Key" button should return to that "original key" from the file and show it both in the transpose window and in the displayed song, as if the user had navigated back using the arrow buttons. I can't see why a second button is required. And I do not understand the context that causes  both buttons to disappear and return.
Changing the original key would be a completely separate (in some cases useful) feature: it should write all the transposed chords into the file. This would need a second button or menu entry. I would label it "write transposition into file"

It is perfectly clear to me now.
The 'Text File Settings' > 'Detect Key By' does not affect the transpose popup on my devices at all, it always comes up as 'C' when it first pops up. When I click(ed) on the 'original key'/'start key' button a new popup appears which allowed/allows me to select the initial key of the piece to be transposed. It had/has no association with what the key is/was on the working document. If the 'Detect Key By' did work in this instance, then the 'original key' concept would work as a method to return the document to an unaltered state. As it was/is, it did nothing more than initiate another popup that allowed setting the start/reference point for the transpose function. The current the setup, to me, very clearly says, "Set the key your document shows using the 'start key', which brings up the list of keys from which you select the desired key. It then returns you to the initial popup so you can do your transposition. The only way it could be made clearer currently, imho, would be to have a '?' instead of the 'C' when the popup first appeared. If/when the 'Detect Key By' works then other things can be done.
The idea of a button to return to the initial setting would be a time saver over just clicking through all of the transpositions to the starting point or just redoing the transposition. It might be useful to save both the original document and the transpositions I would think. [I'm one of those who rarely discards anything. Smile]
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Why should I set the starting point for transposing a third time? I wrote it into the file and I set it in the song editor.
In my case the transpose window opens with the correct key. I have not checked by now if it is read from the file or from the database, both a usually correct in my library.

I stand corrected. I played with it more and the 'Detect Key By' is working. The 'reset' returns the document to its original state. Finally, as a result, my last post can be ignored. It was fun thinking about it though and I learned more. Thanks for putting up with me. Smile
Samsung S7+, Android 12
"Reset" does what you are describing itsme. Set starting key opens a different dialog that lets you change the key that was detected by MobileSheetsPro. Not everyone specifies the key in their chord pro files, so there has to be a way to specify that inside the app. I figured it made sense to have that on the same dialog as transposing, since the two are related. If you don't need to access this functionality, then you should never need to tap that button. If you want to reset to the key you specified in the chord pro file, hit the reset button. If the wording is confusing, then I'd like everyone to provide feedback so I can get some consensus on what makes the most sense.

Mike
To me it is completely clear, with no ambiguity, as it is now, set/reset are pretty specific. I had some problems with it at first because I don't use the transpose function and the detect key by didn't work on my test sample at first. Everything works now and the labeling seems to be inline with labeling on other functions.
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Hello Mike,
Thanks for the clarification. I was confused by the "set starting key" dialog looking so similar to the transpose dialog that I wondered about disappearing buttons.
But I disagree in several points:
- the "Detect Key By" setting is not working. If I newly import a ChordPro file and open the transpose dialog it always shows "C/Am". Only the {key: tag is used to detect a starting key during import, not First Chord / Last Chord / Chord Progression.
- the same issue exists with automatically filling the "Keys:" field of the song editor during import: only the content of {key: is copied, not the result of "Detect Key By"
- a starting key can be automatically detected from the content of every ChordPro file: if {key: exists, that's it, it overwrites First / Last Chord. If no {key: exists you can look at the chords in the file and follow "Detect Key By". If there is no chord at all in the file, the whole transpose dialog is useless and should do nothing, it is not relevant anyway
- if "starting key" once is wrong, due to the issue mentioned above or because I erroneously touched the button "Set Starting Key", "Reset" does NOT what I expect. The only way to get back  is opening the file in a text editor outside MSP, look at the contents, then return to MSP and correct the starting key - a tedious procedure
IMHO the previous UI with three buttons "Original Key", "b" and "#" was perfect and clear, no need for another button.
Another little issue:
The "#" and "b" buttons are not working when the original key is C/Am. But they should work: even if the key is C, there might be chords in a song where it matters if they are shown with flats or sharps, e.g. "Night And Day" in C starts with an AbMaj7 chord