• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSV Import: Fakebook Django 2008
Itsme and Mike,

Thanks so much for doing this! The Django Fakebook CSV worked like a charm Smile

Unfortunately, I didn't have the same luck with the Firehouse Jazz Band Fakebook CSV that was posted in another thread. I uploaded the "CSV.TXT" file that was posted. I guess it was posted in TXT format because the forum wouldn't allow CSV files to be imported at the time of posting. To convert the file to CSV, I pasted the contents of the TXT file into Excel, and then saved it as a CSV. Mobile Sheets Companion wouldn't upload the new CSV file to my device. I also tried to convert the XLS file that was posted to CSV in Excel (again using "Save As"), but Mobile Sheets crashed when I tried to import it. I think that the problem here may be that I don't know my way around Excel well enough to convert files. But I also tried converting the TXT file to CSV using an online converter, and it still caused Mobile Sheets to crash when importing. It seems like it should have worked because the contents of the file look like they are in the correct format.

I really look forward to future CSV uploads for other popular fakebooks. The Real Book and New Real Book (all volumes) would be a great place to start.

I downloaded Aspiers' fakebook indices, but those CSV files aren't currently in a format that Mobile Sheets will accept.

Brian
Three Tablets: 
(master) Samsung Galaxy Note Pro SM-P905V (12.2"), 4.4.2
(slave #1) Samsung Galaxy Note Pro SM-P905V (12.2"), 5.1.1
(slave #2) Samsung Galaxy Note Pro SM-P905V (12.2"), 5.1.1

www.brianbender.com

Messages In This Thread
CSV Import: Fakebook Django 2008 - by itsme - 02-07-2016, 05:51 AM
RE: CSV Import: Fakebook Django 2008 - by itsme - 02-07-2016, 06:33 AM
RE: CSV Import: Fakebook Django 2008 - by Brian Bender - 02-21-2016, 07:21 AM
RE: CSV Import: Fakebook Django 2008 - by itsme - 02-21-2016, 11:23 AM