• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there an operation to uncrop all files in the database?
Hello,

I would like to reset all cropped files to their original size.
Is there a mass operation to uncrop all files in the database in one step?

Kind regards,

Nachthorn
Nachthorn,

I don't believe there is a way to do this at the moment. There is something I could easily add to make this possible though. You could create a new setlist containing every song in your library (create a new setlist and tap the "Add all" button at the top right of the editor), and then use this setlist to crop all songs at once. To do this, you would load all songs in the setlist, enter the cropping screen, tap "Apply To", and a new setting would be available that said "All Pages in Setlist". Selecting that, and then tapping "Clear" would clear the cropping for every song in the setlist (which would be your whole library). How does that sound? I believe this would meet your requirements with the smallest impact to the application. I'm not sure it makes sense to have a specific option to clear the cropping for every song in the library, as I highly doubt that is something most users would want to do regularly, so if the existing cropping editor can do it, it makes sense to leverage that.

Regards,
Mike
Mike,

thank you for the fast response. I´ll try over the weekend and let you know how it went.

Kind regards,

Nachthorn
What will you try? The setting I'm talking about doesn't currently exist. I was trying to see if that would meet your needs.
Ok, I didn't get that. I thought the workaround via the setlist would be already available and there could be an additional feature to reset the croping for all files. *Sometimes I should read the posts more carefully.*
Your description above seems for me like a reasonable procedure. Additionally your solution is much better than my first idea of resetting the complete database by default. Your proposal allows a specific selection of the files the change will be applied to. I like that a lot.
I would be happy to have such a feature.

Kind regards,

Nachthorn
The change is included with version 1.3.7 which I just released.
Mike,

I just tried the new feature and it worked perfectly.
I applied it to my complete database with 2118 songs / 14413 pages. It worked without any waiting time. I'm very happy.

The only struggle I had was to find the place where I could find the new selection option for the setlist.
I had to open my newly created setlist, open one of the songs in display mode and from there I had to select the cropping feature where I could follow your instructions to change the settings for the complete setlist. I first tried it in the edit mode of a file. From there it´s not possible to change the cropping for the complete setlist.
That´s not an issue but important to know.

I really appreciate the quick and proper fix for my request.
Customer satisfaction: *****

Kind regards,

Nachthorn