• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reorder list?
Is it possible to change the order in the list?

I find I'm needing to white-out some chords that were on the original imported .pdf AFTER having typed in some chord names (Abm or C#7, for instance) that are good.

The problem is that after I move my (properly) notated chords out of the way, then white-out the old chords from the original and then try to move my good chords back into place, they are not visible because the white-out is the last on the list, thus hiding the good chords I'd already typed in. Sorry if this is so poorly explained. I could of course re-type the chords after doing a white-out, but that would be a huge amount or work.

Being able to re-order things in the list window would be a HUGE time saver.
Is this possible?
Thanks!
Alan,

There isn't a way currently to reorder the annotations in the editor. Here's what I think could work pretty easily (meaning I could get it changed today): I'll add a down button and an up button at the bottom of the annotations list next to the select all/select none buttons. These buttons will move the currently selected annotations up or down when pressed. Will that work for you?

Mike
YES, YES! That would be fantastic Mike, a great help indeed. Thank you so much!
( Imay call you Mr. Z index after this ;-)
I wasn't able to get it in the update I'm releasing tonight, but I'll make sure it's released in the next one.
Thanks Mike. Any idea (approx.) when that'll be?
I usually work on getting updates released on the weekends, so I could shoot for next weekend.
That would be super, Mike...just in time for me to start rehearsals :-)
Mucho thankolas!
I handle this in a slightly different way that works fine. Instead of trying to white out the current chords, and overlay that with the new chords, I set the background color of the new chords to white. That way it automatically covers the old chords.
(03-01-2016, 02:39 AM)akoster Wrote: I handle this in a slightly different way that works fine. Instead of trying to white out the current chords, and overlay that with the new chords, I set the background color of the new chords to white. That way it automatically covers the old chords.

Me too.
Thanks for your responses, jeffn1 and akoster :-)
That is a really good fix for most cases. However, being able to move an annotation up or down on the list will offer quite a bit more flexibility, I believe. Mike says he's got an easy solution in the next update, so by having his fix and your suggestions to change the bg color to white will make my work process a lot easier.
Thanks again for your help.