• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea for better handling of MIDI setings in MSP
Hello,
I am satisfied user of MSP, but I have two small suggestions conncerning MSP and to be more precise: MIDI commands
Every time when I need to add new MIDI commands for new song I use "Plus" and default Command type is shown as Patch Select. I generally use only Number Command Type.

Could you be so kind and make the Number midi command as dafault (or just make this MIDI command as first position on the drop down list menu)? Such attitude would let us save some time and we would not have to choose Number MIDI command every time when we create new MIDI command for the new song.

Second thing: When I need to enter the Number Value I have to remove "defoult 0 value" Is it possible to have this box empty? Do we really need this default "0" value?

Kind regards
Pietia
I use MIDI almost exclusively for Patch select, so I would prefer to make it selectable by user what he wants to have as default.

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
(03-13-2016, 02:02 AM)pawlikp100 Wrote: Could you be so kind and make the Number midi command as dafault (or just make this MIDI command as first position on the drop down list menu)? Such attitude would let us save some time and we would not have to choose Number MIDI command every time when we create new MIDI command for the new song.

Well, it might save you time, but what about other users who might well prefer a different default?  I suspect you are in a minority anyway and more users would be using a patch select command on a regular basis.

If any change is to be made, then it should be more along the lines suggested by NeoCZ - that ¡s just about the only way to keep all users happy.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Pietia,

I think there is some confusion here. If you've gone into the MIDI settings in MobileSheetsPro and switched the keyboard type from Generic to KORG, then Number should be the default command type in the song editor. I just verified this on my tablet and it works as expected. Are you seeing different behavior?

Thanks,
Mike
(03-13-2016, 09:48 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Pietia,

I think there is some confusion here. If you've gone into the MIDI settings in MobileSheetsPro and switched the keyboard type from Generic to KORG, then Number should be the default command type in the song editor. I just verified this on my tablet and it works as expected.  Are you seeing different behavior?

Thanks,
Mike

But od does not work as you have written above. I have checked my Midi settings and default is KORG. In my case the behaviour is different. That is strange.
What about second idea? Could someone comment it?
Okay, I see the problem. I can fix the issue with the MIDI command that is created by default being set to patch even though Number should be the default. As for your second request, some number has to be available - that field cannot be blank. What are you requesting or suggesting be changed?
The 'annoyance' here is when using the numeric keypad displayed on the screen.
When typing a 5, it is inserted before the 0, making the result 50, instead of just simply 5.

Maybe putting the cursor behind the 0 when the screen is displayed, in stead of in front as is curently the case could do the trick ?
When I manually put the cursor behind the 0, and then I start typing numbers, the result is ok.

--------------------
Update : Before writing the above I tested it on one of my devices running MSPro 1.3.5.
Now I just did it again on an other tablet running MSPro 1.4.0. And there the cursor already seems behind the zero by default.
So it appears this has allready been dealth with.

So for me, now there is no issue here

Thanks

Rudy
(03-13-2016, 03:14 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Okay, I see the problem. I can fix the issue with the MIDI command that is created by default being set to patch even though Number should be the default.  As for your second request, some number has to be available - that field cannot be blank.  What are you requesting or suggesting be changed?

My suggestion is:
When you click the box with the number (default zero) and you will see the pop up to enter your own value - dafault zero value should be selected. So there is no reason to use delete that zero before enter it's own value. I hope you understand what I mean.

Next thing. I would like to have an opportunity to make some default settings for: Send on Song Load and Load Song on Receive parameters. Just like in case of MS Companion.
What do you think?
I've already made the change to select the whole number so that it can be immediately replaced. This affects every part of the application that uses that same dialog for entering a numeric value, so it will be fixed everywhere at once.

In order to provide default values for Send on Song Load and Load Song on Receive, I would need change the way in which new commands are added. Instead of just adding an entry to the list which then has to be modified, I would need to copy the model the companion app uses which is to load a separate dialog where the new command can be configured before being added. If this seems more intuitive (or at least not any worse), I could make that change and save the last selections in the dialog so that they will be restored the next time it is used. I could make this change pretty easily for the next update as no new translations would be required and I can copy the layout from the bottom section of the MIDI tab for the dialog. I'd love to hear what people think.

Thanks,
Mike
Separate dialog seems that remembers last selections seems like best idea, everyone can use this to make defaults he needs.

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7