• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I share my songs?
I use MSP to read my charts in this band I play in.  Trouble is, now I need to have a sub cover me.  How do I share/export the PDFs for just that one band?  I have all my charts organized under a single "artist" category and also by album.  So, if I click Album, and choose that band's album name, I can see charts only for that band.
How do I export just those songs (pdfs) so I can share them?

Ya?
If you are sharing with another MS Pro user, open the album, long press to start the selection mode, then tap the "Select All" button in the floating toolbar at the bottom right. Now tap "Share->Share as .msf" or "Share->Export as .msf" depending upon whether you want to send the file through another application (such as an email app) or have the file on the SD card so your computer can access it. If the other user is not a MS Pro user, you can use the "Share->Share files" or "Share->Export files" to only export the files. If you do this, you can choose whether or not to export the annotations/cropping/rotation you've applied in MS Pro. I'm going to be releasing an update today that greatly increases the speed of the export and also ensures that the file sizes do not grow when exporting PDFs. You may want to wait for the update before exporting all of the files if you want to export annotations/cropping/rotation. If you uncheck those options while exporting, then the original files will just be copied to the destination location.

Mike
Hi Mike. I wanted to try the sharing/export function. But I just get an export error with the message to check if files are missing and restart. Maybe Marshmallow again?
(03-23-2016, 04:23 AM)BRX Wrote: Hi Mike. I wanted to try the sharing/export function. But I just get an export error with the message to check if files are missing and restart. Maybe Marshmallow again?

Using 1.4.1 I've found that I can export a single song,  but marking 
more than one, or a setlist, fails.

And of course, no save to external sdcard. 

Ketil
Using Samsung Note Pro (SM-P900) with Android 5.0.2
I introduced a number of errors that show up while joining together files into one pdf. I'll get it fixed and have a release ready tonight.

Thanks,
Mike
Version 1.4.2 has been released with a fix for this. There does seem to be a problem with some PDFs though where only blank pages are displayed after the files are merged - I have contacted the company that makes the PDF library so they are aware, and will include a fix for this as soon as possible. I doubt this will affect most users, as I only encountered this problem with one specific PDF, but I thought I should say something in case any users also encounter it.

Sorry that there is no SD card access yet - Google made it really, really awful to add the support in 5.0+.

Mike
THANK YOU!! I'll be messing around with this.