• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotation Stamps
Hi Zubermann and Merry Xmas to you. Big Grin

I have just come across your MobileSheets and together with a 13.3" tablet it makes an almost perfect performance setup.
However, I often have to annotate existing music for string players in the local orchestra. Using your current stamps takes a long time to scroll through the list only to find that bowing symbols are not there!
I would like to be able to use a   blank stamp tool  template of say,  a 4*3 keyboard layout to which I could add 12 symbols from your list that are applicable to the score I am working. I could save this tool as, say "String annotations" for future use.
Hello MrSpock,

Merry xmas to you too! That enhancement, and many other enhancements to the annotations editor, are on my list of things to do. I'm going to dedicate an update to annotations very soon.

Thanks for the feedback,
Mike
(12-21-2015, 03:37 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Hello MrSpock,

Merry xmas to you too! That enhancement, and many other enhancements to the annotations editor, are on my list of things to do. I'm going to dedicate an update to annotations very soon.

Thanks for the feedback,
Mike

How's this going?
Not as well as I would like due to my limited time. I really haven't been able to focus on the annotations yet, but this is nearing the top of my list. I haven't attacked this sooner because I believe it's going to take me at least a month or more of dedicated time (meaning no other bug fixes or enhancements can occur). I've also been trying to figure out the design changes I want to make. I have a huge list of all of the things I want to do, but I need to figure out how to make it all cohesive and intuitive for users. I've been getting recommendations to use a radial menu instead of the current toolbar approach, so that would be a pretty radical shift in how the editor is set up. People are also indicating that speed is the most important thing, so I need to integrate annotations into the main song display so that people don't have to shift between screens to make modifications, and I need to make sure that presets are available so users can quickly change between the tools and configurations they use most often. There is a lot to figure out. I would also love to add better support for the Samsung Note Pro smart stylus, but I'm not sure how well that will work due to the libraries Samsung forces developers to use.

Mike
Well. that is surely a mouthful!  Good luck - I look forward to the results of your efforts.