• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save & Archive in SD Card
Excellent work! It's a shame that companies force users to fix these problems themselves.
(06-09-2016, 07:29 AM)schnautza Wrote: UPDATE - I did end up successfully rooting and have managed to get the SD card to work as a storage location (and it appears that Vudu has now discovered it as well, which was really why I wanted more storage space...now I can download movies to the card and not worry about losing space for my music!)

Thanks for your help.

Hi Schnautza,

I'm a newbie here..

I have also bought 2 units of Streamachine tablet 8GB, My problem is same as yours, Can you please help me on how to root the said Tablet. Please send me the details or the procedure for rooting as i don't have experience on it. Smile  I will try my best to follow your instruction.
I'm using this tablet in our church service.

Many thanks,
Robert
(06-09-2016, 04:31 AM)schnautza Wrote: Alex: at 13:23:38
If that's the case, then the packaging and documentation is very misleading.
Alex: at 13:24:12
"Expandable storage" to me implies read and write permissions.
Unfortunately, this is an accusation that could be made of many tablet vendors.  All too often you see something like "memory/storage expandable with SD card" with never the qualification that it's read only.  It really is abut time we customers took the suppliers to task over this blatant misrepresentation of the facts. 
Of course, this isn't helped by Google deliberately limiting the write permissions, with the excuse of  'protecting' the user from a problem.  They really do treat us like idiots sometimes.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(08-12-2016, 10:43 PM)Robert Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 07:29 AM)schnautza Wrote: UPDATE - I did end up successfully rooting and have managed to get the SD card to work as a storage location (and it appears that Vudu has now discovered it as well, which was really why I wanted more storage space...now I can download movies to the card and not worry about losing space for my music!)

Thanks for your help.

Hi Schnautza,

I'm a newbie here..

I have also bought 2 units of Streamachine tablet 8GB, My problem is same as yours, Can you please help me on how to root the said Tablet. Please send me the details or the procedure for rooting as i don't have experience on it. Smile  I will try my best to follow your instruction.
I'm using this tablet in our church service.

Many thanks,
Robert

This is what I followed. Best of luck. It was one of the most nerve-wracking things I've ever done.
http://androidforums.com/threads/guide-r...b.1035609/
SmarTab StreaMachine 13.3", Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Windows 10
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Android 11
AirTurn PED
Hi Schnautza,
What root application did you use? Did you use PC together with the tab in rooting?. As ive said im not so well verse on rooting. But if you can show me the step by step procedure it will be of great help for me because i don't want to break my tab as what you've said its a nerve wracking experience for you. Please help me on this.

Many thanks,
Robert
It's been a while and I've only done it that one time, but I pretty much just followed what was outlined in that link. It's a bit vague, but I'll try to guide you through, to the best of my memory.

On your PC, download the zip file that is at the end of those instructions.
On your tablet, download and install from the play store Root Browser and Root Checker (more info on that link).
Then just follow the instructions he gives you. All of the code is run in your PC's command prompt (cmd.exe). Hopefully that's enough to get you going.
AirTurn PED
The problemis often with the tablet manufacturer tinkering with the permissions and disallowing an external card write. 

Those of you running earlier releases (i.e up to v 4.x) should check out this thread, from another forum - https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/thread...ble.26219/

I've had to do this on two of my tablets with total success.
Graeme

Some of my music here
I believe I tried the method you described, and I could not get it to work on this particular brand of tablet. If I recall correctly, many features of ES File Explorer were limited/blocked on my tablet. But the link I posted did work for me. It is a little more work, but it worked in the end.
AirTurn PED
(08-13-2016, 07:06 AM)schnautza Wrote: It's been a while and I've only done it that one time, but I pretty much just followed what was outlined in that link. It's a bit vague, but I'll try to guide you through, to the best of my memory.

On your PC, download the zip file that is at the end of those instructions.
On your tablet, download and install from the play store Root Browser and Root Checker (more info on that link).
Then just follow the instructions he gives you. All of the code is run in your PC's command prompt (cmd.exe). Hopefully that's enough to get you going.

Thank you. I will try my best to follow the procedures, If there's a problem i will inform you.

Many Thanks,
Robert
(08-13-2016, 07:19 AM)schnautza Wrote: I believe I tried the method you described, and I could not get it to work on this particular brand of tablet. 

Yes, this seems to a be fundamental and all-too-common problem with Android tablets.  No two ever seem to be quite the same.  I have two tablets that are supposed to be able to cast the screen to my TV - one does, the other doesn't.  Similarly, I have three tablets with BT4, but my pedal will only talk to two of them. 

IBM got it right when they drew up the original specifications for the PC - manufacturers had a fairly rigid set of 'rules' to follow, which resulted in all PC's being basically the same, no matter who you bought one from.  I think Google were far too lax in allowing so much latitude in the implementation of the basic OS - which is why we all experience different solutions to the same problem.
Graeme

Some of my music here
Did you get it figured out?
AirTurn PED