• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro v1.5.2 Released! Every icon has been updated!
I'm very happy to announce the release of MobileSheetsPro version 1.5.2. This version has replaced every icon in the application with sharper, higher resolution icons. Most of these were pulled from Google's material design icon library so that they maintain a consistent look and feel. Others were redesigned from scratch to try and match the look and feel of material design icons (and boy did I learn a lot about icon design in the process!).  My hope is that the new icons are easier to see, more aesthetically pleasing and more intuitive with their meaning. Many, such as the new icon used to indicate when a song contains an audio file, is a huge improvement over the old in my opinion, and provides an extra level of polish in the application.  It was also important for me to replace all the icons for the Windows 10 version (due to needing additional sizes of each icon and to more closely match the theme in Windows 10 apps), so I will be able to leverage all of this work for that version as well.

I'm really looking forward to hearing feedback on what people think of all the changes. I should note that the manual has not been updated with all of the changes yet, so I will be taking screenshots and updating it throughout the week.  I think all of the new icons are pretty self-explanatory, but if anyone needs to look up information on any of the icons, it will be available in the manual mid-week. The full list of changes in the update are listed below:
  • Every icon in the application has been updated to be sharper and handle a wide range of resolutions
  • Permissions are now correctly requested on devices running 6.0+
  • The default path in the file browser is now the root of the internal SD card. This fixes access errors on some devices.
  • The file browser now uses a folder icon for directories and different icons for PDFs, chord pro files and msf|mss|msb files
  • The action bar will now display as many icons as possible at the top of the screen (and will correctly move icons to the overflow menu if required)
  • The automatically load next song feature now will properly handle duplicate songs in setlists
  • Modified the audio player to reduce down current time and position updates to twice a second
  • The CSV parser will now accept column names generated from the "Generate Song List" feature
  • Fixed problems with importing and playing audio on older OS versions and certain devices
  • Fixed issue with the long press overlay mode still triggering with performance mode on
  • Fixed issue with extra spaces being added when extracting tiles from filenames containing brackets or parenthesis
Mike
Wow Mike. Even my pdf's look sharper.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Quick update: I'm making a couple of adjustments and another version will be released. There is a feature I utilized that only works for Android 4.1 and up (the IDE didn't warn me about this for some reason), so I'm going to have to release a fix for this as it's crashing tablets running Android 4.0.3 and lower. I also am making a few minor fixes to the new action bar behavior, as a few tabs are displaying more options at the top than they should in certain situations.

UPDATE:
Version 1.5.2 has been released, so hopefully very few users will have been affected.
Wow, looks great with the new icons!
Thanks! It was definitely a lot of work, but I think it's a big improvement.
Not showing at Amazon. Wouldn't want to deinstall MSP again first as this requires a backup and restore, too.