• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tablet screen failed - any way to get my MS Pro database off it?
The screen on my Toshiba Excite 13 has failed, leaving MobileSheets Pro unusable. I'm still deciding whether to switch to an iPad Pro and ForScore or to stick with MobileSheets Pro and Android. If I decide on the latter, is there any way I can do a backup of the MS Pro database?

The Excite 13 still works as an MTP drive via USB and I can get its IP address but I have no way of reading the screen in order to select the 'Sync with PC' option in order to initiate a connection with MobileSheets Companion.
Well, one option would be to disassemble your tablet and pull out the SD card. Then you could use any SD card reader to pull files off of it. The other option would be for me to put together an installer for you that immediately loads the sync screen when the app is started so that you can connect the companion to it. In order for this to work though, your tablet needs to already have USB debugging enabled, and you would need to set up ADB to work with it. There are instructions here for how to install and run an app through ADB: http://delphi.org/2013/11/installing-and...mand-line/

So if you want to do the latter, the first question is whether or not you enabled USB Debugging on your device, as that will dictate whether or not that option will be possible.

Mike
Could it be accessed as an external drive from a pc?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(07-21-2016, 01:18 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Well, one option would be to disassemble your tablet and pull out the SD card. Then you could use any SD card reader to pull files off of it. The other option would be for me to put together an installer for you that immediately loads the sync screen when the app is started so that you can connect the companion to it. In order for this to work though, your tablet needs to already have USB debugging enabled, and you would need to set up ADB to work with it. There are instructions here for how to install and run an app through ADB: http://delphi.org/2013/11/installing-and...mand-line/

So if you want to do the latter, the first question is whether or not you enabled USB Debugging on your device, as that will dictate whether or not that option will be possible.

Mike

Hi Mike, I have Minimal ADB and Fastboot installed on my computer and when I run 'adb devices', the tablet is detected succesfully. So I'm guessing that's all that's needed? If so, a version that loads the sync screen would be ideal.
Just to update further on this: I purchased a HP Pro Slate 12 and my Excite 13's screen flickered into life one last time, long enough for me to initiate a backup. I've since copied that over to the Slate 12 and now have an up-to-date version of my MS Pro database.
Excellent news!