• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send on Song load does not work with new MSP update (1.5.9)
Dear Zuberman good morning, as the title indicates.

When I try to load song (Songbook data) in my Korg pa4x using MSP, nothing happens. Communication in opposite direction is possible - when I choose record from SongBook of the Korg, text on the tablet is being displayed. This issue has appeared with last update (1.5.9).
I checked other MIDI settings in my KOrg and in MSP and everything seems to be set up correctly.
Could you be so kind and check it?

Thank you in advance.
Pietia
That is strange. Now it works as it should....
I will be observing the issue and let you know if the issue is back.
Nevertheless If someone who use MSP and Korg could confirm above I would appreciate it.
Pietia.
(09-11-2016, 03:49 AM)pawlikp100 Wrote: That is strange. Now it works as it should....
Nevertheless If someone who use MSP and Korg could confirm above I would appreciate it.
Pietia.

Hi Pietia,

I use a Korg PA4X with MSP and have experienced the same problem. It was also intermittent. Sometimes it worked and other times not. Sometimes it would load from MSP - other times from the keyboard. After lots of experimenting with software  options  I finally traced the problem to a faulty cable. I used and adaptor cable from the tablet, to a printer cable attached to the Korg. The adaptor cable was very weak around the plug area and I had several fail. I eventually got a much more robust cable adaptor and it has been going well for some months.I can't remember the brand of the adaptor and as I'm overseas at present I can't check. I will be home in a few days and will let you know then.
Cheers,
Rod
(09-11-2016, 03:49 AM)pawlikp100 Wrote: That is strange. Now it works as it should....
Pietia.
Just remembered. The adaptor is as follows:-

Pudney & Lee - Micro to USB OTG

The are very good quality and much stronger than the basic ones.
Cheers,

Rod Moffat
I didn't really change much code related to sending MIDI commands, so I'd be really surprised if something suddenly stopped working with version 1.5.9. The most significant change is to patch commands where you can now specify whether or not to include MSB, LSB and the program change values individually. I'm assuming you are sending the KORG number command though, right? That should be completely unaffected by the changes in v1.5.9. I would like to hear from other users whether they've encountered any issues though.
Hi
Yes Mike, I am sending Number command.
I will collect more experience with current version.

Rodmusicman I don't think it is problem of the otg cable. I have been using it all the time successfully.
One user has reported that all of his MIDI commands were set to the same values for all of his songs after updating to version 1.5.9. I have no idea how that happened. Can you check to make sure the MIDI commands are set up correctly for all your songs?

Thanks,
Mike
(09-11-2016, 05:40 PM)Zuberman Wrote: One user has reported that all of his MIDI commands were set to the same values for all of his songs after updating to version 1.5.9. I have no idea how that happened. Can you check to make sure the MIDI commands are set up correctly for all your songs?

Thanks,
Mike

I my case I use only "Number" command. Values (numbers) for all tested songs are ok (are set up correctly).

One more thing: I have noticed that when I have MSP working in the background and I turn Korg pa4x on, communication with an apps is only from Keyboard to MSPro.
To have a communication in both directions (also from MSPro to keyboard) I have to totally close MSPro, and turn it on once again.
Above issue did not exist in earlier versions of MobileSheetsPro.

p.s. Mike is it not connected with autorefreshing the list? I've noticed that when I plug OTG cable to the tablet the program seems to autorefresh what is visable as a "Flash"
I wonder if above issue is not connected with automatically started apps by plugging in the MIDI cable.
I did just fix an issue related to that, so it's definitely possible. I would highly suggest you completely exit out of the app before starting it by plugging in the MIDI cable, at least until I release version 1.6.0 with a fix. Otherwise two separate instances of MobileSheetsPro will be running that each are connecting to the MIDI device.
It is very good news.
Thank you for your effort.
Pietia.