• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorting, new option?
Mike, thank you for considering the change. However if it takes more efforts than I expected for this (not that I would be able to give a half decent estimate), perhaps just drop the suggestion or put it on the "much later" list.
My 2 cents:

Leave it as it is. As itsme said the not alphanumeric characters should sort in front. And the sidebar should resemble that. I'm also for keeping the ? for random selection.
(09-16-2016, 08:40 PM)itsme Wrote: … as a computer user I am used to sort things to the top by names starting with _ (underscore) or __ (double underscore), …

Interesting. The lexical order of the _ (underscore) is after the uppercase letters, so "_Fool on the hill" should sort after "Fool on the hill", not before.

Along the same lines, as a computer user I am used to sort things to the end by names starting with ~ (tilde) or » (guillemet).
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(09-17-2016, 01:59 AM)Zuberman Wrote: It sounds like the majority of people in the thread want the numbers at the start, and the symbols at the end. Is that correct?

It would be a good start!
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
It's fine like it is as far as I'm concerned.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Hi Mike
                        My first post.
I play in a ukulele group and a guitar group. We sing a number of Christmas songs in each group. Because these are only used in Nov/Dec I added "X_" to each song in MSP so they appeared at the bottom of my song collections and were 'out of the way' for most of the time.

Unfortunately the "_" does not appear in the song title and is replaced with a space.

The underscore is visible when I add it at the start of a title so that the pdf file appears at the start of my song list.
Is it possible that you could amend MSP so that it shows the underscore anywhere in a song title?

Minor query:
Can i change my username from BRU_Baz to LSU_Baz?

Many thanks

Barry
I have a separate Collection named XMas (not "Christmas", also to have it sorted away like you) and use the filter feature to make it invisible. Additionally I often filter away all songs that are not added to any collection.
I like the feature that MSP replaces underscores with blanks when it guesses song titles from filenames. My song files don't contain blanks and follow a naming scheme like "AllOfMe_C_Tx.PDF". MSP replaces the underscores and inserts blanks into "camel casing" so the result is "All Of Me C Tx" - perfect for my usecase - please don't change that.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Additionally, are you aware that you can sort your collections manually so you can move all the songs to where you want even without renaming acrobatics? The manual sort order is kept if you switch to and back from other sort orders.
(10-26-2016, 08:50 PM)itsme Wrote: I have a separate Collection named XMas (not "Christmas", also to have it sorted away like you) and use the filter feature to make it invisible. Additionally I often filter away all songs that are not added to any collection.
I like the feature that MSP replaces underscores with blanks when it guesses song titles from filenames. My song files don't contain blanks and follow a naming scheme like "AllOfMe_C_Tx.PDF". MSP replaces the underscores and inserts blanks into "camel casing" so the result is "All Of Me C Tx" - perfect for my usecase - please don't change that.

Thanks for info. I don't want to upset your way of working with underscores. I just thought a simple switch in the settings to show/hide underscores would help me keep synchronised with the files on my PC (where I arrange the songs). I'm very old-fashioned (comes with age) - if I want a space I put it there myself and don't trust a computer to second-guess me.
I'm not keen on setting up collections of Christmas songs for each group I play in. At a practice session with each group, I would have to switch back and forth between collections up to a dozen times - too many key presses.

I've been using MSP for a few months in a very simple way and have not come to grips with the finer points such as filters. Although I'm an experienced PC user I'm not very good with tablets as I can never remember what all the icons mean.

Regards
Barry
(10-26-2016, 10:14 PM)BRX Wrote: Additionally, are you aware that you can sort your collections manually so you can move all the songs to where you want even without renaming acrobatics? The manual sort order is kept if you switch to and back from other sort orders.

I was not aware of the manual sort but I'm happy to keep the A-Z sorting with the Christmas songs appearing under X. I just wanted the song title to be exactly how it appears on my PC to avoid confusion.

I'm really looking for a book entitled "Mobilesheets Pro for Dummies" as I find it a bit difficult to understand some pages of the manual.

Regards
Barry