• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Menu Option: Filter
Mike,

the filters bar can only be hidden via the floating toolbar I believe.
Often I don't need filters, so they're hidden and so is the floating library toolbar, to give as much room to the lists as possible.
Now, to unhide filters is a bit cumbersome, go to settings, unhide toolbar, then unhide filters.
Would it be possible to add an option to the main menu (three stacked dots) for hiding and unhiding the filter.
Better even if it was placed in the top right blue menu bar. 
"Import", which seems to be used less frequently, could perhaps be moved to the main menu (to make space in the blue bar).
Thanks.
Ben
Try the funnel in the bottom right.

Ah, OK, disregard. That's what you meant with the floating toolbar. I wasn't aware it can be hidden from the preferences, too.
Yes, I hide that funnel and the filters, to "optimize" the library view, especially on the 8" screen of the Fire.
I would use the filters more often (I think) if they could be unhidden more quickly.
I can work on having a filters option in the menu that is displayed when the floating toolbar is hidden (so that there is always a way to toggle filters on/off). I think the import command is still used more frequently than turning on/off filters for most users though, so I don't want to change that.
Mike, how about adding a fiter on/off toggle to the touch action menu?
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Graeme's suggestion would be perfect. Perhaps a different colour could indicate when the list is filtered (and the filter area is hidden)?
While I can do that, the touch actions are only triggered when a song is already loaded and visible. Would it be odd to be controlling library features from the song display screen? I currently don't do that for any of the other features, so I'm curious to hear thoughts on this. You said you'd like to see a different color - what should be a different color?
(10-24-2016, 05:51 PM)Zuberman Wrote: While I can do that, the touch actions are only triggered when a song is already loaded and visible

Yes, of course that's true - I wasn't thinking straight when I made the suggestion.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Thought a toggle on/off filter icon would well be placed in the library´s blue menu bar.
"Show Filter" icon, white colour: when clicked the filter area is shown. No filter(s) applied when icon is in white colour.
"Show Filter" icon, red colour: when clicked the filter area is shown. Filter(s) applied when icon is in red colour.
"Hide Filter" icon, white colour: when clicked the filter area is hidden

Would this make sense?
Cheers
Ben