• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Song to Setlist, warning if double
We all have our own sweet ways to make the very best of the very best app for musicians.
The reason I prefer an additional setlist over a collection is that I have one tab or dimension less, ==> less complexity.
Others find collections very useful and I'm sure they are. Just not for me.
The setlist for songs that I want to enhance is the first (starts with letter A), so it takes two seconds to add a song to that setlist, no searching whatsoever. And since the list is so long (mucho trabajo), I often move songs to the top when they are to be addressed first. I still think it would be good to have a soft warning when the song is already in the setlist. Sure, a "gig set list" will be designed with highest care but there are also the less official "buddy setlists" or "theme setlists" or "songbook setlists" that replace the old binders (all require manual sorting). When I see a song that fits into an existing list, say "Obscure Songs from the 60s and 70s", it's quickly added. Only to find, later, that I had the same idea 1 month back already. A soft warning would avoid this. One would need to confirm the duplicate obviously, no hard stop!
I have 59 setlists, which is perhaps more than Magic Mike had in mind when he designed the whole thing, but I just can't get enough of them!!
Anyway, I can certainly live without this suggested "warning". Living without MSP is more difficult to imagine...

Messages In This Thread
Add Song to Setlist, warning if double - by Ben - 10-05-2016, 10:17 PM
RE: Add Song to Setlist, warning if double - by Ben - 10-07-2016, 07:55 AM