• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSP not available on Amazon App version 8.6.1.200
Mike,

today I installed the mentioned amazon version on the musician-friendly smartphone "Marshall London", to be able to run MSP on this cool new toy. Unexpectedly only MS (green) is available, not MSP! 
I run MSP (through amazon) on two tablets, one of them is a Fire, therefore amazon - though slow with showing updates sometimes - is still the preferred store - I heard that it was nigh impossible to install GooglePlay on a Fire.
Version 8.4.1.200 on the Samsung tablet shows MSP just fine.

Could you check why version 8.6.1.200 just offers MS?

Thanks.
Ben
;> I heard that it was nigh impossible to install GooglePlay on a Fire.

What? Why? I did it with no problems a couple of months ago for a Fire I bought for my sister. It was just a matter of downloading a couple of files and sideloading them. There were quite a few simple tutorials in the web (the one I used was in German though).
A developer has no control of how the distribution sites (Amazon, Google, or whatever) advance the updates of their apps.

I went 'round with Amazon over this a time or two, and they want to point the finger at the developer...Mike said he has no control. I have since kissed Amazon goodbye...for apps at least.

I have an older (Android 2.1) tablet that Amazon (and now even Google Play) says is 'unfit' to run the latest version of MSP. HOWEVER, if I side-load a backup copy of the .apk file, it runs just fine.

I don't know if there might be a real reason Amazon won't/can't install MSP on your new phone, but I do know there is nothing that forces them to make it available to you.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
Thanks guys,

"side loading" is a new term for me, but I'll find out.
At the same time I would have to be "moved" from amazon to google though it's probably easier to just purchase MSP again, on google this time.
Showing updates with much delay (amazon) is one thing, but to not show MSP at all (only MS), is just very strange.
I definitely don't have any control over the distribution through Amazon I'm afraid. Every tablet out there should be compatible with MobileSheetsPro as I support OS versions all the way down to 2.3. If you need any help with getting set up on Google Play, let me know.
If I remember correctly I didn't even sideload (with USB/ADB) but used this simpler way (also by XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-f...e-t3216122 Post #4):

Download ES File Explorer from the Amazon Marketplace. It's free.

Allow Apps from Unknown Sources
Settings>Security>tap toggle>Ok

Download https://mega.nz/#F!AI5n0AaR!Qw-WJrBoCP8bce-so0hzFQ
place on sd card

Install these files
Google Play (com.android.vending-5.9.12-80391200-minAPI9.apk)
Google Play Services (com.google.android.gms-6.6.03_(1681564-036)-6603036-minAPI9.apk)
Google Account Manager (GoogleLoginService.apk)
Framework (GoogleServicesFramework.apk)

open with file manager
file manager will ask if you want to install

Rebooting is a good idea.

most likely you will need to grant special permissions for Google Play services
with an adb command see post #2

Done.
(10-24-2016, 08:15 AM)Steve B. Wrote: A developer has no control of how the distribution sites (Amazon, Google, or whatever) advance the updates of their apps.

I went 'round with Amazon over this a time or two, and they want to point the finger at the developer...Mike said he has no control. I have since kissed Amazon goodbye...for apps at least.

I have an older (Android 2.1) tablet that Amazon (and now even Google Play) says is 'unfit' to run the latest version of MSP.  HOWEVER, if I side-load a backup copy of the .apk file, it runs just fine.

I don't know if there might be a real reason Amazon won't/can't install MSP on your new phone, but I do know there is nothing that forces them to make it available to you.

CORRECTION! My 'older' tablet is running 3.1. OOPS!   Blush
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
Thanks all, and BRX for the detailed description!
I find it very strange that one cannot find MSP on amazon (anymore), this is not just the missing u p d a t e in "my apps". A general search in the amazon app, for zubersoft or mobilesheets or mobilesheetspro, just finds MS. In the most recent underground version that is. Still shown, on my other devices, who run earlier versions of underground.
Mike, if you can migrate me to Google, that would be swell ☺!
Email me at mike@zubersoft.com and we can discuss some of the details for getting you moved over.