• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undo or Cancel in setlist editor
I am missing an Undo or Cancel option in setlist editor!
I just deleted the wrong song from a setlist, but I don't remember which one  Angry
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
It might take a few minutes, but you could always restore your backup file.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
Big Grin Great idea!
Especially regarding to this
http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=3604
and this
http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=3440

In the most other menus (f. e. song and annotation editor) there is a cancel option, only setlists and collections editor don't have. May be it is a feature and I am too stupid to understand?  Huh
Would people prefer a cancel button or an undo button? The two would require very different changes. Also, would the ability to undo just the last action be sufficient?
Probably an 'undo' button option somewhere would be best, I would think.
It's a tough call, really.
Whichever would allow for smoothly proceeding in whatever the user was doing without interruption.

Personally, I dislike interface dialogs that assume I don't know what I'm doing.
Granted there were times I didn't know what I was doing, but learning from your mistakes is the second-best teacher.
If there's a 'Don't show me this again.' checkbox, then it's all good.
(11-27-2016, 09:37 PM)Vibraphon Wrote: Big Grin Great idea!
Especially regarding to this
http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=3604
and this
http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=3440

In the most other menus (f. e. song and annotation editor) there is a cancel option, only setlists and collections editor don't have. May be it is a feature and I am too stupid to understand?  Huh

I didn't realize there was an issue with backup file size...bummer.

I suppose the lack of a 'cancel' option in the setlist and collections editors is because nothing is actually being deleted.
I would prefer the cancel button because it is much easier and more precise.
Cancel would close the active editor without saving any changes.

An undo button will mean that the last step(s) have to be redone. But what are the last steps?
This might be changing the current menu (f.e. "songs" to "recent"), or changing the sort oder, or editing annotations,...
To my opinion an undo button should work over all and not only in a specific menu.
The undo in this case would only apply to the last action taken on the group editor screen. The possible actions on that screen that would support undo would be adding a new song, removing a song, and reordering a song in the group. The undo would also only be accessible from that screen. If you leave that screen, the ability to undo the last change will be lost.
Both ways are ok for me.
In the other menus (annotation editor, meta-data editor, ..) you used the cancel option, but undo is fine as well.
Important is to have any chance to correct a fault f.e. happened because of too big fingers and removing the wrong song.  Big Grin
I think I prefer the save/cancel alternative. It's consistent with all the other editing windows. An undo operation needs probably more logging and restructuring and I don't think the need for undos (of the last action) will occur that often especially if you can return to the last saved state anyway.