• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bit lost in MS
Hello forum members, I'm a complete newbe with the use of apps on Android for reading and playing (midi)music.

But somehow I cant succeed in the following:
My son wants to practice his guitar skills, and wants to play along with mp3's combined with showing the pdf's he gets from his teacher.

But how exactly do I show the correct page of the pdf, that correspondents to the parts that are played in the mp3?

I know you can do a pageflip after x- seconds, but then the pageflip is not synchronised with the mp3. And, not every page needs the same delay for the correct page flip timing. For del-coda there are work arounds, but then you certainly may get "short" pages.....

Example: after pushing the play button of the mp3, do  a pageflip after 01'10,5''. Then after 0'20,0'' go pback to page 1 (chorus), then at 01'30'' go to page 2 again (etc etc).

Any help would be appriciated!
I think the only way you're going to get that is manually, using links, a page turner and using appropriate settings in the 'pedal' settings [settings>touch and pedal settings>pedal actions].
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
The feature you are asking for (synchronizing pages with playback positions in the audio clip) is something that I'm going to support at some point, but isn't currently available. For now, you'll either have to rely on manual page turns, or you can use the page order feature in combination with the automatic scrolling to achieve your goal. If you want to get very complex, you could tie the automatic scrolling to the metronome, and set up the metronome to have a different tempo per page, so that you can have different scroll speeds on every page of the song.
Thanks for the reply guys!
So it did make sense I couldnt find the way to do this Smile
The pedal option is a good one, but for my son a bit too much for his money Smile So has to wait a bit longer until he saved some money Smile
On the other hand: if I'm going to use an app like this for my solo piano practise, I'll go for the pedal option since the differences in tempo are too big to automate the page flips.

The metronome method of Zuberman sounds good, but complex (too complex for my son anyway).

I hope the version with this option is ready soon - cant wait to try Smile
In fact, that is (for me) the number 1 function of a "sheet/music app".

Thanks for your prompt replies!
(12-14-2016, 06:29 AM)FrankV Wrote: Thanks for the reply guys!
So it did make sense I couldnt find the way to do this Smile
The pedal option is a good one, but for my son a bit too much for his money Smile So has to wait a bit longer until he saved some money Smile
On the other hand: if I'm going to use an app like this for my solo piano practise, I'll go for the pedal option since the differences in tempo are too big to automate the page flips.

The metronome method of Zuberman sounds good, but complex (too complex for my son anyway).

I hope the version with this option is ready soon - cant wait to try Smile
In fact, that is (for me) the number 1 function of a "sheet/music app".

Thanks for your prompt replies!
Yes, dedicated Bluetooth pedals are a bit expensive.  Exclamation
There are alternatives.  Cool

What I have done for my tablets is to use a Bluetooth keyboard.
These can be had relatively cheaply from various online auction sites. Even a new one will probably be less than the dedicated 'music pedals'.
I glue an 'extension' on four of the keys near the bottom of the keyboard, and sync those keys with MobileSheets to give the scrolling or pageflip function I need.
Many things can be glued/cemented on as a 'key extension', but my favorite is a short section of a rubber stopper. I get them from the local hardware store. With a little creativity, you could probably find some material around the house that would be suitable...anything that allows the key to be tapped by a foot will work.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
Hacking a keyboard:
https://youtu.be/a3NxQ60E72k
(12-14-2016, 04:26 AM)Zuberman Wrote: The feature you are asking for (synchronizing pages with playback positions in the audio clip) is something that I'm going to support at some point, but isn't currently available.  For now, you'll either have to rely on manual page turns, or you can use the page order feature in combination with the automatic scrolling to achieve your goal.  If you want to get very complex, you could tie the automatic scrolling to the metronome, and set up the metronome to have a different tempo per page, so that you can have different scroll speeds on every page of the song.
Hello,
It this feature (synchro pages with playback positions in audio clip) available yet?
This would be a good feature.

Thanks!
Not quite yet, I'm still working through the changes for the next couple major updates before I can start tackling enhancements like these. I just have a limited amount of development time (that is also split with customer support), so the changes take some time to finish.

Mike