• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cropping and annotations errors when importing library into windows 10
It appears all my cropped pages have lost their cropping when importing library to windows 10 version.
This must be more than a several hundred pages. This also results in the space between pages (in 2 page mode) varying greatly from just a bit to very wide. Not really useable with such differences.
Is there a fix for this?

Also, it appears that annotation placement are not accurate once imported. Specifically, things have been whited-out quite accurately in the Android version, but the placement of the white-out has changed in windows, thus showing things which were whited-out. This will be enormously time-consuming to fix. Again, is there a fix for this?

Thanks!
I submitted version 1.6.8 which has quite a lot of fixes. I'd really like it if you can see if things are fixed once the update is available for download. I have restored other backup files and cropping seems to be there, so I believe that is working (as the cropping is stored in the database file). There was a bug where if you modified the cropping for a song in a setlist, it would basically remove all the cropping for either the current page, the current song, or the entire setlist (depending upon your "apply to" settings). So it's possible if you tried to modify the cropping for songs, that the cropping was just removed entirely.
Hi Mike,

So, what would the fix be? First wait and update to 1.6.8. when it appears, then re-import the library? (I haven't made any changes since backing up the library.)
Mucho thanks,
Alan

(12-27-2016, 04:00 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I submitted version 1.6.8 which has quite a lot of fixes.  I'd really like it if you can see if things are fixed once the update is available for download. I have restored other backup files and cropping seems to be there, so I believe that is working (as the cropping is stored in the database file). There was a bug where if you modified the cropping for a song in a setlist, it would basically remove all the cropping for either the current page, the current song, or the entire setlist (depending upon your "apply to" settings). So it's possible if you tried to modify the cropping for songs, that the cropping was just removed entirely.
Yes, I think that would be a good approach to take.
Hi Mike,

I have installed 1.6.8 this morning and re-imported my library file without a problem.
Unfortunately, the cropping problem (cropped pages no longer cropped) and thus consequently the annotations being in the wrong place still remains.

I will not be able to check the progress of new updates as I've had to send my computer in for repair regarding a screen issue.
When I get it back, I'll need to use it for rehearsals right away, thus won't have time to re-crop everything and move/re-do annotations.

Would it be of help if I were to send you the library file? It's around 320 mb so I could WeTransfer it to you, if you'd like.

Please let me know if sending you the file will help.

Many thanks!
As always,
Alan

P.S. Just to repeat the steps I've taken:
Exported last library from MSP on Android (via AmiDuOS) from Acer windows machine.
Did a fresh Windows 10 install on Acer.
Purchased Mobile Sheets (1.6.7) from Microsoft store.
Imported saved library.
Everything appears to have been imported, but cropping and annotations are missing/incorrect.
Updated MS this morning to 1.6.8
Re-imported the library file.
Determined cropping and annotations problem still remain.

(12-27-2016, 08:35 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Yes, I think that would be a good approach to take.
Sure, if you can send a link to the backup file to mike@zubersoft.com, I can test with it. Let me know if there is a specific song I should look at.

Thanks,
Mike