• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell other what device do you use :-)
I was wondering what do other Win10 users run their MS on. It seems there are few Surface Pro 4 users, I saw one Lenovo Yoga user, but what about others, is here anyone using it on non-touch device? And how do you use MS - only via touch, with keyboard, mouse, pen, touchpad?

I use it mainly on Surface Pro 4, at home with keyboard, mouse (sometimes touchpad), usually I add all new songs at home, put them into collections, setlist and so on, and also do most of the annotations (sometimes using Surface Pen); during gigs via touch in tablet mode without nothing previously mentioned but pen for annotations.

My second tablet (Thinkpad 8) serves only as backup for gigs, so there I use only touch (but if I need I can connect keyboard and mouse to it, too).

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
I use MS on a Dell Inspiron "convertible" laptop, passive 17,3" touchscreen, bare fingers and AirTurn Ped!
I use Chuwi Hi13 and AirTurn ped.
I'm using an ASUS Transformer 3 T305CA with Windows 10 Pro and so far do really like it.
This is the deal.  I now have 3 of them (still have to load up the third).  The other two are working great.

https://www.amazon.com/NuVision-13-3-Ful...dpSrc=srch

I now have 3 of them (still have to load up the third).  The other two are working great.

Jeff
Ive just switched to a Galaxy Book 12. So far it is great. Only issue i am having is that it sometimes hangs up on shutdown, but I think it's a windows 10 issue more than a Samsung issue.
SmarTab StreaMachine 13.3", Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Windows 10
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Android 11
AirTurn PED
(02-25-2018, 04:24 PM)schnautza Wrote: Ive just switched to a Galaxy Book 12. So far it is great. Only issue i am having is that it sometimes hangs up on shutdown, but I think it's a windows 10 issue more than a Samsung issue.

Microsoft Surface Book 2 13.5 with two additional monitors via a Targus Dock.. (I'm like lots of viewing real estate ;-)

In tablet/screen detached mode, the Surface 2 is fabulous for putting on my keyboard's music stand. I use Yamaha's MD-BT01 Bluetooth Midi device to send Registration Patches to my Tyros 4 from the Surface 2 as when the screen is detached, there are no USB ports available as they are all on the keyboard section. 

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
Wink 
Hi,

I don't do gigs, I only play at home... I use a Intel NUC 7i3BNH (4GB Ram, 120GB SSD) with two 22" Non-touch screens. I play a Genos, so changing scores via USB/MIDI by selecting a registration bank.

For importing songs (only scores) and starting programs, I use a small Bluetooth Keyboard with touchpad. I have also an AirTurn available, but try to fit my scores on 2 pages, that no turn is neccessary. I use Lilypond/Frescobaldi to create the pdf scores that also fit exactly the screen size.

Yours

Rainer
Curious if anyone has an opinion on the Android vs. W10 versions.  It appears  to present the identical user interface, but just curious what others may have experienced. I ultimately  intend on using it on a Samsung Chromebook Plus (a 12.3" convertible which supports Android and Linux apps), but might consider delaying that acquisition until later in the year (magical merchandising promotions at/around the end of November, hint-hint).  At the moment the Chromebook would set me back about $400 USD, but I could get by for now with my HP Touchpad with Android 5.0.0 installed on it).

/ SenseiC bows out
SenseiC

Church Worship Leader
Martin D-28
The only notable difference between Android and windows that ive noticed is how to reorder setlists. Personally, I've found the Windows version to be very difficult to reorder (inconsistent behavior with long taps, dragging, etc) and would love to see the Android version implemented there.
SmarTab StreaMachine 13.3", Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Windows 10
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Android 11
AirTurn PED