• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tablet mode vs. Desktop mode
I don't know if it's possible, but can MS detect if I'm using tablet mode or not? I would like to have a little bit different setting while in tablet mode compared to desktop mode with keyboard and mouse. One example is text size in Library view, I need bigger for tablet mode but smaller while tablet mode is off, another different Song title formating or dark mode on/off. Maybe two sets of settings based on tablet mode on/off?

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
Apparently I can detect if "Touch mode" is enabled versus "mouse mode", which appears to translate to tablet mode being on versus off. So in theory I could start introducing features for this. To handle what you are describing, I would basically have to force an application restart if the tablet mode changes in order to process a completely different list of settings files. I also doubt most users would expect to have to set all of their settings differently for tablet mode versus pc mode, so this introduces some potential usability issues (or I would have to make this feature optional). I have to be very careful about making the settings files incompatible with Android though for people that want to share settings that way. So I can't modify the existing format... this would also mean that if you are creating a backup file, you would have to think about which set of settings files you want to include in the backup file for android. I wouldn't be able to store both sets of settings files and still be compatible with Android.

I think a better approach may be to significantly limit the scope of which things can be set independently for tablet mode. If I only support having like five different settings be different between the modes, I can handle those differently on Windows than Android. There would still be some minor compatibility issues between and Android and Windows though if the settings are restored from a backup (as those settings files wouldn't have the different tablet mode information).
Ok, i understand problems that rise from my request. I need to think how many things I would like to have different in those two modes, will write this as soon as I get back to my SP4 and try setting up desktop version of settings and see what I would like to change...

Another idea - this might be a part of performance mode you already have. Users might define few settings they would like to be different while performing to what they prefer when editing songs.

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
(01-17-2017, 04:31 PM)NeoCZ Wrote: ...

Another idea - this might be a part of performance mode you already have. Users might define few settings they would like to be different while performing to what they prefer when editing songs.

I like this "other" idea, where there could be a different pedal assignation in settings when in performance mode versus editing mode... like selecting next/previous tool (A/B) and save/cancel (C/D) for example!

BTW could the next/previous page could still be effective while in Annotation mode instead of the arrows in the top right of the screen?

For me, anything to give more control and flexibility over the editing functions are welcomed!