• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New songs not displayed initially
Mike,

mentioned this in a previous post, and because it´s a bit of a bummer, I repeat:
After adding/saving a song (with pdf and mp3) with Windows MS, the song cannot be viewed the first time you open it.
Instead you see the turning dots...
One needs to go into Edit Mode again, click on OK, and after that it seems to work fine.
When I forget to immediately do that, the new songs show that behavior even when transferred to Android tablets, causing some confusion always.

Thanks for checking!

Ben
I don't encounter this problem when using Import->Local File. Is that how you are importing the file?
Always using the "+New" function, this seems to give me more control than the Import function, the work flow fits me better.
I haven´t REALLY tried to make Import work for me though, perhaps I´ll give it another chance.
In any case, the "+New" option surely should finish with a completely "operational" song. That I have to edit/ok the song, if once, AFTER the save, doesn´t seem right.
Hi Mike,
I smile each time I "work" with Mobilesheets, there's just this one thing that bugs me (I am sure it IS a bug):
As described above, when adding a new song through the blue menu point "New" and the subsequent song edit work (select PDF, select Audio, fill the fields) and the click on OK, the song is shown in the library as expected...BUT:
Just a white screen with the waiting symbol shows when OPENING the song. Only by going into Song Edit mode again and another click on OK will the song be shown properly.
It doesn´t look like a hardware related issue to me.
Thanks!
Ben
PS: using import just doesn´t work for me.
Has anyone added a song with pdf file via "New" and has this worked without any issue, (Windows), means, were you able to open the song immediately afterwards?
I am asking because it ALWAYS leads to the described issue in my case. It really looks like a bug to me, not a machine related issue.
Thanks
Ben
I would like to know that as well. I haven't forgotten about this issue - I've just been working through all the issues reported through email and the forums one at a time, and haven't worked on this one yet.

Mike
I just tested this by creating songs multiple times using "New "and selecting a PDF. I don't encounter any errors with my latest code. I'll have you retest again after 1.8.1 is released, but I'm definitely not seeing the issue on my end.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

no change in (mis-)behavior in 1.8.3 (I do embrace the easy "select all" access and the Caption details shown in Setlists, haven't checked the other improvements yet):
"when adding a new song through the blue menu point "New" and the subsequent song edit work (select PDF, select Audio, fill the fields) and the click on OK, the song is shown in the library as expected...BUT:
Just a grey screen with the waiting symbol shows when OPENING the song. Only by going into Song Edit mode again and another click on OK will the song be shown properly."

This happens in Windows, Android is fine.
I do all editing and additions in Windows and transfer the library to the android tablets, else it wouldn´t bother me.

Thanks!
Ben
I wonder if this might be due to different settings that I'm not trying. Can you please go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState, zip up all the .xml files and send them to me? That would be a huge help. You can also send me mobilesheets.db as well just in case.

Thanks,
Mike
Finally have a fix in place for this - it was due to a bug that was only exposed if "Delete Original After Copy" is enabled in the storage settings.

Thanks,
Mike
Just to confirm, it works nicely in 1.8.6. Thank you Mike!!