• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB wired page turner for RCA MavenPro
I just got a PageFlip Firefly for $109 new. It has both Bluetooth and wired USB. Of course I use wired USB because it is 100% reliable. 
The USB cable is the correct length to use with the tablet on a music stand, me standing up to play. The included USB cable has connectors that work with no adaptors. (I didn't see anything in the MavenPro manual about the big USB jack doing anything but recharging. It does. It works for the pedal.) The Micro connector on the Firefly cable fits the jack on the pedal. Plug and play.

I plugged in the cable, turned it on, opened a fakebook, and started turning pages. Just like that. Then I started playing with MSP's options for pedal action. I set the right pedal to turn forward and wrap back to the first page, and the left pedal to turn backward and wrap back to the last page. Since almost all of my multi-page songs are two pages, both pedals do what I need. I don't even have to worry about which pedal to use. Just hit a pedal, and I'm on the right page. (If you have more than two pages, the same settings will work, but it would make a difference which pedal you use.)
(02-07-2017, 05:24 AM)spencer Wrote: I didn't see anything in the MavenPro manual about the big USB jack doing anything but recharging. It does. It works for the pedal.

According to the user manual, the tablet can be charged via the micro-USB but also via a 5V DC adapter.
The "big USB" (USB-A) connector is to connect auxillary devices (keyboard, mouse, pedals,USB stick).
In general, USB-A is never (well, very seldom) used for charging. You would need an A male to A male cable and these are very uncommon.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I guess I confused the two. I think I only used the USB for charging one time. Most of the time I use the power brick.
(02-07-2017, 08:25 AM)sciurius Wrote:
(02-07-2017, 05:24 AM)spencer Wrote: I didn't see anything in the MavenPro manual about the big USB jack doing anything but recharging. It does. It works for the pedal.

According to the user manual, the tablet can be charged via the micro-USB but also via a 5V DC adapter.
The "big USB" (USB-A) connector is to connect auxillary devices (keyboard, mouse, pedals,USB stick).
In general, USB-A is never (well, very seldom) used for charging. You would need an A male to A male cable and these are very uncommon.

As well, very few (in my experience) tablets have a USB-A connector at all. I do have one, but it's 'very old'.

Everyone wants a tablet that is 2mm thick, but sturdy enough to survive being run over by a farm tractor in a muddy field. **
No room for USB-A.

**Maybe someday...
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
Right you are. Another thing that threw me off the scent was that I have a Mac. MSP doesn't support Mac for data connection to a PC. I never used a USB connector for anything but charging, and I only did that once and I'm not likely to do it again.