• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro 1.7.2 Released (New Permissions Required)
MASSIVE! (Awesome)
Can't wait to try it out!
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
Mike,

will use this frequently, but haven´t succeeded making it work yet:
Two tablets are connected (Bluetooth), Samsung P900 is the Master, an Amazon Fire is the Slave.
It certainly looks fine in both Connect Devices dialogs.
However, nothing happens on the Slave when I turn pages on the Master (nor vice versa).
Did I miss a setting somewhere? Both check marks are set (turn pages, load songs).

Thanks!
Ben
Mike,  great news! 
Just tried around with connected devices but have difficulties to understand what the requirements are to find a song on the slave device.  Is it necessary to have identical titles and filenames? 
If so,  would it be possible to add e. g. song numbers or limit the search to titles? This would make life easier as not everybody uses the same source documents in our band. 
Thanks for your excellent work! 
Marc
It would also be perfect if connections could be automatically re-established
Ben - That's all that should be required assuming the tablets are connected and see each other on the "Connect Devices" dialog. How are you turning pages on the master? Are you just tapping with your finger to turn the page? That should definitely work. If the initial connection was successful (which you can tell if the slave device shows Connected next to the group name), then all further messages such as the page turn messages should work as well.

Have you tried using Wifi instead of bluetooth yet? It would be nice to know if you are only facing this problem with one connection type.

febus - For loading songs, identical titles and filenames must be present on each device. This is the only way I could ensure the correct song is loaded, as there a lot of cases where multiple songs may have the same title. I can certainly look into adding an option to load songs based solely on title instead of filename. In that case, I'll have to decide if I want to just load the first match found, or if I want to pop up a dialog asking which song to load (in cases where multiple matches are found). I'm not going to support automatically re-establishing connections. That could be problematic with bluetooth due to a number of actions that require user input, and constantly have to search for a potential connection would drain the battery on the device.

Thanks,
Mike
I also would like to be able to have possibility to load songs with identical title to load on slave devices.

Tablets: Surface Pro 4, ThinkPad 8; Mobile: Lumia 950
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
I've decided to just change the behavior so that it looks for a matching title and file first, if that isn't found, it just uses the first song with a matching title. I don't think prompting for a selection in the case where there are multiple matches is a good idea, because it kind of eliminates the whole point of having a master tablet load the song for the slave devices if they have to tap on a selection anyways.
I gave this a limited test on two of my tablets, and it works great on WIFI.
I was a bit disappointed that the master device can't control scrolling on the slave, though.
Then again, maybe that's a good thing! I can understand that different users might prefer different scroll configurations.

I was hoping this feature would eliminate the need for any control input on the slave device (thus no need for another 'pedal' or any screen tapping)
I wonder if it would be possible to make 'Allow master device to control scrolling' another selectable option?
(02-13-2017, 02:18 AM)Steve B. Wrote: I was hoping this feature would eliminate the need for any control input on the slave device (thus no need for another 'pedal' or any screen tapping)
I wonder if it would be possible to make 'Allow master device to control scrolling' another selectable option?

OOPS! I see you are ahead of me and have already made that change!  Cool

Back to the testing lab!  Big Grin
WiFi works VERY nicely, it is so cool to control a second tablet (haven't tried more than one slave), my lazy musical buddy will be thrilled to see this.
Bluetooth: while perfectly connected, just nothing happens on the slave tablet ?. Yes, finger tap to turn pages (no pedal).

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon