• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD card button doesn't work
(02-16-2017, 11:40 PM)itsme Wrote: Try
/mnt/external_sd/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files
Same problem:
"Please selecte a different directory that can be written to. ..."

I am not enough a computer expert to know how to deal with MSPro-Tools.
It sounds good, but I don't know how to use this tools

Will MobileSheets work on my device? What are the minimum requirements?
   If you have a device running Android 2.3 or greater, MobileSheets will work on it. It is highly recommended to get a tablet running at least 4.0 though. ...

Huh  I have 5.1.1 !
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
I can't find much information on that tablet. Can you link me to the manufacturers web page? I just want to be sure I'm looking at the right thing. Have you verified whether any other apps off the app store can write to the removable SD card? That's what we really need to know. I'm not so sure that apps are being given write access to the external SD card on that device.

When you tried to create /mnt/external_sd/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files, did you make sure that every folder was writable? Go ahead and use an external file browser to make them writable and then see if MobileSheetsPro is given access. If not, I'm not sure what can be done, besides me trying to switch all my code over to using that new file storage API (assuming that would even work).
(02-17-2017, 07:56 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I can't find much information on that tablet. Can you link me to the manufacturers web page?
http://www.pointofview-online.com/showro...uct_id=577

(02-17-2017, 07:56 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Have you verified whether any other apps off the app store can write to the removable SD card?  That's what we really need to know.
Which app should I take to test for and how to proceed?

(02-17-2017, 07:56 AM)Zuberman Wrote: When you tried to create /mnt/external_sd/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files, did you make sure that every folder was writable? Go ahead and use an external file browser to make them writable and then see if MobileSheetsPro is given access.  
I have installed the ES File Explorer. This app is showing the folder on the SD Card as to be "Beschreibbar Ja" = writeable yes!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can ES File Explorer copy files to the removable SD card? If so, did it have to prompt you for anything first?
(02-18-2017, 02:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Can ES File Explorer copy files to the removable SD card? ...
Yes

(02-18-2017, 02:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote: .... If so, did it have to prompt you for anything first?
Yes.
The first time after installation of ES File Explorer I got the message (see attachement)

Translation:
"To enable write access on the external SD card select the root directory external_sd (/mnt/external_sd)"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So that would indicate that ES File Explorer is using the new file storage API from Google, and that works correctly with your SD card. I have no idea why my app is unable to write to the SD card using the older approach. I can start trying to migrate my code over to support that newer API, but I'm not sure how long it will take me to get everything working and fully tested.
Hi Mike,

what does that mean to me?
I do not want you to create hugh effort only for me.
But actually I don't know what to do.
I bought that big size tablet only to use it with mobilesheets.
And all information I got told me, that this would not be any problem.

Do you have any idea, what I could do?

Thank you so far.
You are certainly not the only person that would benefit from me making those changes. It would allow users to specify any directory on their removable SD card as the storage location instead of having to pick the cryptic path that is currently required. You are also not the only person that has experienced this issue with not being able to write to their removable SD card.

If you need a solution sooner, the only thing that comes to mind is rooting your tablet and removing the SD card restrictions in the OS itself. I could help point you to some instructions if you want to go that path (those instructions might even be on previous posts on the forum).

Is there any chance you can just use the internal tablet storage until I'm able to make the changes?
If you have an instruction for non android experts, how to root this tablet, that would be ok for me.
Otherwise I will have to reduce the song list and all audio to be able to use the internal memory, the worst solution for me.
That's not a widely used tablet unfortunately, so I don't think there are going to be simple instructions for how to root it. If I start working on switching over the code now, I can start to get an idea about how long it will take to make the transition. How soon do you require the changes? I'm just not sure what other options there are if you want to be able to use the SD card on that device.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon