• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort custom field
Hello,

because we started to add numbers to our songs, i entered them into the custom field.
If i try to sort the songs by this field, they are sorted wrong.
They are sorted like 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, ...., 2, 20, 21 instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, ....

Additional: Can i give the custom field a name? I didn't find a option for that.

Thanks.
I use 01, 02 ... 11, 12 ... 20, 21
Or if more than a hundred songs, start with 001, 002 ... 011, 012 etc.
It will not take long to make this change and should work. Filenames in a folder work this way also (if you use numbers first).
Thats maybe a workaround, but not a fix Wink
AIR, this is a Windows thing - sorting numbers has always been a problem in Windows and bumblebee's solution is the way most people overcome it.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I'm actually surprised to hear this isn't working. I use a custom sort implementation when "Custom" is used as the sorting method on the Songs tab that is supposed to sort numbers correctly, but use alphabetic sorting when identical numbers are encountered. I just tested this myself and it works correctly. I assigned the numbers 1, 2, 10, 11, and 20 to five different songs in the library. I then tapped "Sort" at the top of the songs tab and selected "Custom". The songs were listed in the expected order - 1, 2, 10, 11, and 20. If this isn't working for you, I'm going to need additional information as to how you are setting up your songs, and what sorting options you may have changed.

You can't currently rename Custom or Custom2. I may support this in the future when time allows, but it's not a high priority at the moment.
(05-24-2017, 09:22 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm actually surprised to hear this isn't working. I use a custom sort implementation when "Custom" is used as the sorting method on the Songs tab that is supposed to sort numbers correctly, but use alphabetic sorting when identical numbers are encountered. I just tested this myself and it works correctly. I assigned the numbers 1, 2, 10, 11, and 20 to five different songs in the library. I then tapped "Sort" at the top of the songs tab and selected "Custom".  The songs were listed in the expected order - 1, 2, 10, 11, and 20. If this isn't working for you, I'm going to need additional information as to how you are setting up your songs, and what sorting options you may have changed.

You can't currently rename Custom or Custom2.  I may support this in the future when time allows, but it's not a high priority at the moment.

Sorry, took me a while to answer. I add a screenshot to this post. I think it shows how it looks like here.
My songs usually get imported by Drag&Drop or the Batch Import.
If you need more information just let me know what you need.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I didn't realize this post was in the companion app sub-forum. My response was in relation to the Android app. I can look into the sorting in the companion app.

Mike
Same problem for me.
But I think it's a Windows issue. It treates the field as a string not as a number.
Trumpet player and technology addicted
I've added special processing for sorting Custom and Custom2 so that they take numbers into consideration.

Thanks,
Mike