• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Restore to Windows 10
So what you're seeing is a complete, functional, restore, without seeing any progress bar or percentage?

Have you tried the reverse, MSP on the pc- companion on the laptop and do a backup and restore?
Asus TF700T, os = CROMi-kk_R1 KitKat-4.4.4r2-CM11-US DEODEX, Based on Android 4.4.4
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Nook HD+ OEM
I will try and follow up.
Here is more info when I try to restore from the Companion (On Windows 7 Computer) to the Laptop with MS (Windows 10):

The computer and tablet definitely connect and I can see the list of songs in the Companion.

On Computer (Windows 7) is says:

Iniitalizing Restore and stays at 1% for a long time. I went back after about 45 minutes or so and, interestingly, it eventually got up to 4%. But, it disconnects at that point.

I think The Companion Computer said MB Remaining 637 (at least while it was at 1%).

The laptop seems to be working up to a point.

It says 2484224 bytes successfully sent for file

Restoring Cancel Do Not Cancel . . . it does not change from there.

I will now check on another (Windows 10) computer.
Update: It is working now

My guess is I needed some big updates for the OS and for the Microsoft App Store.

After letting the computer sit a long time while it updated (I thought it was frozen), I was able to update the app store.

Then I updated the MS app and I was able to restore the MS data file to my Windows 10 laptop. (I had tried doing this before.) So, seems to be working now with full database.

Jeff
Excellent, I'm glad to hear that.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon