• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Restore to Windows 10
I guess I'll follow up on this since I have not been able to resolve it.

My internet connection through my wifi generally seems fine.

The problem seems to be it can't handle receiving the pdfs and just stays at 1%.

I believe it did work the first time a transferred MS data to the laptop PC.

Anything you can suggest so I can try to figure this out?

Jeff
Just on a chance, check windows defender and see if it is allowing companion through, it wasn't on mine. There is some kind of restrictions on sharing also. I'm NOT a windows person so these are just guesses.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(03-30-2017, 04:03 AM)Skip Wrote: Just on a chance, check windows defender and see if it is allowing companion through, it wasn't on mine. There is some kind of restrictions on sharing also. I'm NOT a windows person so these are just guesses.

I'll take guesses!  Bring 'em on!
Did not see Windows Defender. Any other thoughts? It connects to the internet fine.
Window icon at lower left>windows system at bottom of list>defender at bottom. I don't remember how I did it but I added an allow exception [MSP] to defender. Apparently defender stops the app from writing so the user must 'allow' the write. You can probably find a how to in a search.
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Thank you for the direction.

It looks like this may walk me through this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/inst...s-defender

Jeff
Ugh, this sucks. What is the default folder for MS in PC (Windows 10).?
Defender>Add exclusions>this PC>Local disc [C]>Program files [x86]>Zubersoft [scroll to bottom of list]. Select Exclude. I hope this works.
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Weird, it is not there (and I uninstalled and reinstalled).
I'm out of ideas.
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(04-13-2017, 11:20 PM)Skip Wrote: I'm out of ideas.

Okay, appreciate you efforts.  I will search for the file on the computer.  So far I have not found a Zubersoft folder.

Jeff
The default folder is C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr.
(04-14-2017, 01:24 AM)Zuberman Wrote: The default folder is C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr.

Thanks.  I will try to create an exception to Defender pointing to that folder.  I will let you know how it goes.

Hmm, is that the default folder for the program as well as the data file?

Jeff
I set up he exception for the folder.

Now I sometimes get different error message when I restore to the Windows 10 PC laptop/tablet . . . . I will follow up with more information.

(Thankfully MS works great on my Android tablets).

Jeff
Let's re-hash what you're trying to do.
Dell laptop with win 10.
Load MSP
Load Companion
Back-up MSP with Companion using the Dell [Or from a different, 2nd, machine?]
Restore backup using Companion on the Dell via wifi.

If this is the correct scenario, it cannot be done, wifi cannot connect, send/receive, with itself. Must be between separate machines. Use the regular back-up and restore within MSP on the Dell just like you would using a local location on an Android tablet.
Samsung S7+, Android 12