• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets v1.7.9 and MobileSheetsPro Companion v2.5.4
I have released several more updates to address one critical problem: data loss after working with the companion application. Over the years, a number of users have reported issues where they have lost their database after making changes in the companion application. While these incidents were uncommon and haven't affected many users (based on the number of people who have contacted me), the problem is obviously a critical one that I have been unsuccessful in addressing in the past. This is mainly due to the approach I was taking to update the database on the tablet.  To simplify complex operations that result in a large number of database changes, I was completing all changes first in the companion application, and then sending the database file to the tablet to replace the existing file. Unfortunately, this creates vulnerabilities where file corruption can occur. I am happy to report that with my latest changes, this should no longer be a problem. I am no longer sending the database file from the companion to the tablet. Instead, I am just sending over the required database changes and letting the tablet update its own database.  I thought that this was going to be a significant effor that would take awhile to complete, but I managed to find a solution that was quick to implement and worked with no observable bugs.

One thing that is important to note is that, due to the nature of these changes, you must update both the companion app and the tablet software at the same time. Updating just one will result in an incompatibility, and you won't be allowed to connect the companion application to the tablet. The full list of changes can be seen below:

MobileSheetsPro v1.7.9 (Android)
  • The database file is no longer replaced after each change made by the companion app. This eliminates the chance of data loss due to file corruption.

MobileSheets v1.7.9 (Windows 10)
  • The database file is no longer replaced after each change made by the companion app. This eliminates the chance of data loss due to file corruption.
  • The setlists tab now shows song numbers when viewing the list of songs in a setlist
MobileSheetsPro Companion v2.5.4
  • The database file is no longer sent after every change. This eliminates the possibility of data loss due to corrupted files.
  • Fixed bug with filters not being properly reset after reconnecting to a device
  • Spaces are no longer added after '-' characters when extracting song titles
  • Empty text and chord pro files are now handled correctly
  • Key is no longer set when importing a text or chord pro file with no chords

Mike