• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Menu size
Hello again, 

I'm using MSP in a 13,3" Hannspree tablet, and I see that menu and icones are a bit small and can become difficult to select in some situations. 
Could it be possible to make their size customizable?

Also the arrows that appear (in song editing mode) to move text windows or lines could be a bit larger, if possible.

Thanks again and best regards from Italy.

Marco.
Marco

Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra 14.6" - Nord Stage 2 HA88
I'd like to request this also.  My 13" Toshiba tablet just died (the symptom is that it won't even power up anymore), and I'm temporarily using a 13" Chromebook with Android app support.  This means I've gone from a resolution of 1600x900 to 1920×1080, and as a result all the interface elements are too small -- it's not just that icons are difficult to select, it's that text is too small to read.

I know there's a font size setting for library screens, and I'm using that, but can we have something similar for the rest of the interface?

Thanks,
   - Steven
There are multiple settings in the OS that may be able to help with this, depending upon what OS version you are running. See this link: https://www.howtogeek.com/268754/how-to-...id-nougat/

On my tablet, which is rooted and running Android 7.0, there is an option under Settings->Display called "Display Size". If I increase that, everything in MobileSheetsPro gets larger. There is also a separate Font Size setting, but that didn't seem to work for me when I tried. Your results may be different on those devices.

Adding a way to control the font size and icon sizes for everything in the application is not going to be an easy task otherwise. I would have to programmatically control the size of the text in every component in the application. For icons, I'd have to programmatically change their width/height to make them scale larger. Implementing that would take a huge amount of effort, so I'd like to avoid it if there is another option that will work. I did a little research, and there may be a way for me to override the default font and screen scaling for the application, so it's possible that I can replicate what I described above with the "Display Size" setting by providing my own settings in the app for text sizes. If I change the screen density that way, it could cause all of the icons to increase in size, but it would increase everything in the application in size as well, which may not be desirable.

Mike
(05-29-2017, 05:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote: There are multiple settings in the OS that may be able to help with this, depending upon what OS version you are running. See this link: https://www.howtogeek.com/268754/how-to-...id-nougat/

On my tablet, which is rooted and running Android 7.0, there is an option under Settings->Display called "Display Size". If I increase that, everything in MobileSheetsPro gets larger.  There is also a separate Font Size setting, but that didn't seem to work for me when I tried. Your results may be different on those devices.

Adding a way to control the font size and icon sizes for everything in the application is not going to be an easy task otherwise. I would have to programmatically control the size of the text in every component in the application. For icons, I'd have to programmatically change their width/height to make them scale larger. Implementing that would take a huge amount of effort, so I'd like to avoid it if there is another option that will work.  I did a little research, and there may be a way for me to override the default font and screen scaling for the application, so it's possible that I can replicate what I described above with the "Display Size" setting by providing my own settings in the app for text sizes. If I change the screen density that way, it could cause all of the icons to increase in size, but it would increase everything in the application in size as well, which may not be desirable.

Mike

Mike, thanks very much for your support.
In case you'll decide to modify menu sizes, probably the best thing could be making it customizable by adding a voice in the settings, so users can set their desired size. If it were possible, I think most users would be very happy... ;-)

Best regards.
Marco.
Marco

(05-29-2017, 05:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote: On my tablet, which is rooted and running Android 7.0, ...

May I ask what tablet? I'm still looking for a replacement for my Galaxy Note 10.1 and being able to root it is a prerequisite...
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(05-29-2017, 05:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote: There are multiple settings in the OS that may be able to help with this, depending upon what OS version you are running. See this link: https://www.howtogeek.com/268754/how-to-...id-nougat/

On my tablet, which is rooted and running Android 7.0, there is an option under Settings->Display called "Display Size". If I increase that, everything in MobileSheetsPro gets larger.  There is also a separate Font Size setting, but that didn't seem to work for me when I tried. Your results may be different on those devices.

Adding a way to control the font size and icon sizes for everything in the application is not going to be an easy task otherwise. I would have to programmatically control the size of the text in every component in the application. For icons, I'd have to programmatically change their width/height to make them scale larger. Implementing that would take a huge amount of effort, so I'd like to avoid it if there is another option that will work.  I did a little research, and there may be a way for me to override the default font and screen scaling for the application, so it's possible that I can replicate what I described above with the "Display Size" setting by providing my own settings in the app for text sizes. If I change the screen density that way, it could cause all of the icons to increase in size, but it would increase everything in the application in size as well, which may not be desirable.

Mike

Hello again Mike.

I've tried what you suggested, but in my tablet there is Android 5.1.1 and I know it will not be updated to a newer Android, so the "Font size" setting is not available. 

Anyway, if you could find a way to customize screen or display size through a parameter that any user can change, I think this would be perfect.

Thanks again and good work! 

Marco.
Marco

(05-29-2017, 05:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote:
Quote:There are multiple settings in the OS that may be able to help with this, depending upon what OS version you are running. See this link: https://www.howtogeek.com/268754/how-to-...id-nougat/

This doesn't apply to my situation -- I'm running the Android version of MobileSheets, but on a Chromebook (not because I love ChromeOS, but because it was the only 13" device I could find capable of running Android apps).  While Android apps do appear to run in the equivalent of a virtual machine, the underlying Android settings aren't exposed, and even if they were, the screen itself is under the control of ChromeOS.

Quote:On my tablet, which is rooted and running Android 7.0, there is an option under Settings->Display called "Display Size". If I increase that, everything in MobileSheetsPro gets larger.  There is also a separate Font Size setting, but that didn't seem to work for me when I tried. Your results may be different on those devices.

Sadly, there's nothing quite equivalent in ChromeOS.  There are various ways of enlarging the screen, but none of them are usable (one method works only for the Chrome browser; another changes the resolution of the entire device, but only to a small number of predefined values -- and all of those are either too big or too small).

Quote:Adding a way to control the font size and icon sizes for everything in the application is not going to be an easy task otherwise. 

I understand that this is difficult, and the Chromebook isn't a viable solution in the long term anyway.  My problem is simply that the market for Android tablets is shrinking and nobody appears to be making anything in the 13" range anymore (and I know from experience that 10" tablets, no matter how good they may be, are simply too small for my needs).

I really don't want to move to a 12.9" iPad Pro, but that's starting to look more and more like my only path moving forward (short of buying a Windows tablet and finding a way to install Linux and then run Android applications on top of that -- which is probably possible, but arguably too much work for such an unsupported configuration).
Maybe the Windows version of MSP on any number of 13" Windows devices? I've been considering that path [with a 14" screen and dual booting Ubuntu] since my laptop is really old and starting to act up.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(06-24-2017, 05:04 AM)smw Wrote:
(05-29-2017, 05:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote:
Quote:There are multiple settings in the OS that may be able to help with this, depending upon what OS version you are running. See this link: https://www.howtogeek.com/268754/how-to-...id-nougat/

This doesn't apply to my situation -- I'm running the Android version of MobileSheets, but on a Chromebook (not because I love ChromeOS, but because it was the only 13" device I could find capable of running Android apps).  While Android apps do appear to run in the equivalent of a virtual machine, the underlying Android settings aren't exposed, and even if they were, the screen itself is under the control of ChromeOS.

Quote:On my tablet, which is rooted and running Android 7.0, there is an option under Settings->Display called "Display Size". If I increase that, everything in MobileSheetsPro gets larger.  There is also a separate Font Size setting, but that didn't seem to work for me when I tried. Your results may be different on those devices.

Sadly, there's nothing quite equivalent in ChromeOS.  There are various ways of enlarging the screen, but none of them are usable (one method works only for the Chrome browser; another changes the resolution of the entire device, but only to a small number of predefined values -- and all of those are either too big or too small).

Quote:Adding a way to control the font size and icon sizes for everything in the application is not going to be an easy task otherwise. 

I understand that this is difficult, and the Chromebook isn't a viable solution in the long term anyway.  My problem is simply that the market for Android tablets is shrinking and nobody appears to be making anything in the 13" range anymore (and I know from experience that 10" tablets, no matter how good they may be, are simply too small for my needs).

I really don't want to move to a 12.9" iPad Pro, but that's starting to look more and more like my only path moving forward (short of buying a Windows tablet and finding a way to install Linux and then run Android applications on top of that -- which is probably possible, but arguably too much work for such an unsupported configuration).

You can buy a Windows tablet and use MSP windows version, works as a dream. There are many choices, 12.2" or bigger displays, no need for Linux.
(06-24-2017, 06:02 AM)Skip Wrote: Maybe the Windows version of MSP on any number of 13" Windows devices? I've been considering that path [with a 14" screen and dual booting Ubuntu] since my laptop is really old and starting to act up.

I've thought of that, but I don't use Windows on any of my other devices and would really prefer to avoid Windows 10 for this purpose as well.