• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change the key
Hello!, i write my songs for play the guitar like you can see on this picture,can i change the key?.Thanks

[Image: thump_9740937sin-ttulo.png]
(05-23-2017, 06:36 PM)Nawual Wrote: Hello!, i write my songs for play the guitar like you can see on this picture,can i change the key?.Thanks

[Image: thump_9740937sin-ttulo.png]

I believe the key is the format that it's in. Is it in ChordPro format? I think that's the only one that supports transposing.

They're fairly easy to create but originally designed to line up chords with words. Since you don't have words it'll look a little odd. Your example in chordPro format would be something like...
--------------
intro:
[Cm][/][Gm][/][D][/][Gm]
verse:
[Gm][/][D7][/][Gm][/][D7]

--------------
Save it with a chordPro like extension (.cho/.crd/.chordpro/ .chopro) and then import into MSP.

More information can be found here.

And there are some good editors too.
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4
If your file is a text or chord pro file, then you can transpose it by loading the song, tapping the center of the screen to bring up the overlay, tapping the transpose icon at the top right, then tapping the arrows to change the key. If your file is a PDF or image file, then no, you unfortunately won't be able to change the key.
Can I change a pdf file (leadsheet) to a chord pro file in order to transpose the key?
You'll probably have better luck using an external PDF editor for that.  You would need to copy all of the text in the PDF and paste it in a new chord pro file (which is just a text file with a .cho or .pro extension).

Mike
SongPress https://www.skeed.it/songpress is a convenient ChordPro editor for Windows
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

@Mike: how about supporting {start_of_grid} / {end_of_grid} directives?
https://github.com/ChordPro/chordpro/wik...s-env_grid
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Sorry, I know I need to add support for that. I get so many requests that it's hard to keep track of them all. I think at this point, I really do need to get the annotations rework finished as I've been promising that for a long time and it's really important to a lot of people.  After that though, I can make some time for some of these other requests that have piled up.

Mike