• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[1.8.1] Text Annotations - Inserts
The idea to define inserts for text annotations is great -thank you.

But
- there are some symbols missing (Ø,...) that are needed in text mode.
- some should be integreated because you need to switch the keyboard to get them (Delta, upper "o", ...)
- the distance between the inserted symbols and text are too big. They should be closer to the text.
- it would be good to have a selection for an "upper level" with automatic small font "(b5)", "#7",... and the "base level"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
I can only support the symbol with that approach if it's part of the standard UTF-8 character set. If you provide a list of the characters you want added, I can check to see which ones are allowed. This is really only meant to be a stop-gap until I change the way annotations work and add a musical font.

There is a jazz font that I have saved (http://www.jazzfont.com/) that I'll probably be able to incorporate into the app. That would allow you to add the kind of content you are looking for.
(05-28-2017, 03:53 AM)Zuberman Wrote: There is a jazz font that I have saved (http://www.jazzfont.com/)  that I'll probably be able to incorporate into the app.

Two things here;

1 - Am I the only person who thinks these fonts (designed to look like hand-written notes, etc.) are a lot harder to read than ordinary text fonts.  One outfit I work with has its sets based on iReal Pro and I always have to change the default 'jazz' font to something I can read!!

2 - If you do include these fonts at some time in the future, I beg you please do not make them the default.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
The 'swing' font is certainly much more readable [usable], which would be my choice. I'm not too thrilled with the bold face though, it may overpower the base document.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
To my oppinion it is only the "SwingChord-Font" missing.
Adding notation symbols can be done by using the stamps.
Adding jazz chords is my problem.
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0