• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG MESS: Almost all songs seemed to be duplicated by Batch Import
I was able to track down the root cause of the problems. I'm going to push out updates in the next day or two. Thanks again for your help with this. I'll have you test again after the updates are released.

Thanks,
Mike

UPDATE:
Still fixing a few other unrelated bugs before I push out the update.
I have the updates installed. Did a new Batch Import, added 765 songs -- yay!

But, I then managed to crash MSPC, found a "trap" that might be something to improve....

In MSPC I wanted to tag all the new imports that came from a just-scanned fakebook with their Album ID, so I searched for that ID which I embed in the file name. About 600 were found (presuming the count, the Search and select actions do not display a count of results, which would be nice).

The I moved too fast -- oops. I selected Edit Songs instead of Batch Edit Songs (adjacent menu items). This resulted in MSPC opening of close to 600 dialogs -- at the same time. Eventually, this crashed it.

Once the rapid series of hundreds of boxes started to open I figured this would not have a good outcome, but there was no evident way to Cancel. That would be an excellent improvement.

And/or, it would be really good for MSPC to realize what it was about to do and ask for verification. Perhaps ask whenever more than maybe 10 records are selected? The app I use for media management (audio, video, images) does this and it is a welcome double-check before craziness happens.

Restarting MSPC, I did the tagging again, properly selecting Batch Edit, and it worked fine.

Thanks for fixing whatever it was that prevented complete importing. Curious, can you say what caused the problem? I could not discern a pattern in which Songs and PDFs were added vs. skipped.
-- John

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 (SM-T900) Android 5.1.1
I can look into adding a popup for the scenario when more than 10 are selected. That shouldn't be too difficult. As for the previous fix, it's a little bit hard to explain, but there was an error in the logic when a duplicate file was encountered that caused conflicts with future files to be handled incorrectly.

Thanks,
Mike

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon