• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Author and Title form the Filenames
Hello:

I bought an Android tablet specifically so I could use this app for lyrics at my gigs. Bought the app yesterday and I am very happy so far.

Question:
How can I name my pdf files so that when I import them into mobilesheets the correct author and title are automatically inserted instead of "unknown?" I looked around a bit but can't find the answer to this.

I though my filenames should be something like:
Title-Author.pdf

I hope I have explained my question well enough.

I do understand that I can edit each song after importing but I am looking for a quicker way and as I create the pdf files to be imported, if I could name them in a way that mobilesheets would automatically recognize the author and title that would save me a lot of work.

Thanks for your time.
(07-12-2013, 05:27 AM)greytimothy Wrote: Hello:

I bought an Android tablet specifically so I could use this app for lyrics at my gigs. Bought the app yesterday and I am very happy so far.

Question:
How can I name my pdf files so that when I import them into mobilesheets the correct author and title are automatically inserted instead of "unknown?" I looked around a bit but can't find the answer to this.

I though my filenames should be something like:
Title-Author.pdf

I hope I have explained my question well enough.

I do understand that I can edit each song after importing but I am looking for a quicker way and as I create the pdf files to be imported, if I could name them in a way that mobilesheets would automatically recognize the author and title that would save me a lot of work.

Thanks for your time.

I would think, name the pdf: Title-Author [But I could be wrong]. Not sure if a dash is okay in the file name, so maybe instead: Title.Author (many of mine are named this way).
If you are using batch import, it's very limited at the moment in terms of populating those fields automatically. The batch import has an option to use folder structures to populate Artist/Album/Genre, but this can be tedious to set up. People have asked for more powerful features in terms of filter patterns and the like for limiting which files are imported, and a pattern recognition feature that could extract sections of filenames out to use for various song fields. This will all take a fair amount of time, so I'm not sure I can get it into the next update, but it's definitely high on the list of things to do.

As a side note, you can also supply default values for the fields at the bottom of the batch import dialog if you don't like "Unknown". In the next version, all of the fields are actually optional, so you won't even need to have an artist/album if you don't want to.

If you use the song editor, it's pretty easy to just enter the values into the various fields.