• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove a key from the list of keys?
For good or bad, I have figured out how to add a custom key to the list of keys on the selection screen (I use it for "keys" like "D start A"). I had finger trouble and added a key that begins with a comma, which I would like to remove from the list. Is there a way to do that?

I removed the incorrect key from the song, so nothing comes up now when I search on that key, but it's at the top of the selection list.
+*+
Wendy Cutler
Long press then 'delete' [at top of screen].
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Thank you for the reply. I didn't really find the screen you meant with Delete at the top on any screen that showed the keys, but I did figure out how to do this. I'm reluctant to generalize, as I'm not sure I really understand, but I found a tune that had no assigned key and I selected the key that I wanted to get rid of. After saying OK, I clicked the trash can at the end of the keys field. That removed that key selection from the tune AND from the list of available keys.

My clue was that I tried to just add the error key as a second key on a song, and after doing that, when I clicked the trash can, it asked if I was sure I wanted to delete both keys, as one of them was used in 37 other songs.
+*+
Wendy Cutler
A long press [1 second+] brings up the list with a selection box on the left side. This can be done on any of the tabs and usually brings up a different set of choices at the top of the screen.

The long press/delete is to remove the selected key from the key popup list, the trash can in the song edit does the same thing.

To add a key name to the list select 'New' at the top of the screen and enter the appropriate name, ie., Bb or aolian or 'A>D'. To remove a key assigned to a song in error; song edit, then select the 'x' on the desired key name on the 'key' field. That will leave the key in the list of available keys but remove it from that particular song.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(09-22-2017, 03:03 PM)Wendy Cutler Wrote: I found a tune that had no assigned key and I selected the key that I wanted to get rid of. After saying OK, I clicked the trash can at the end of the keys field. That removed that key selection from the tune AND from the  list of available keys.
Thanks, I've had the same problem I couple of times and this just solved it. 

A more intuitive way of getting rid of unwanted key signatures would be nice.
Go to Settings->Library Settings->Tab Order, enable the Keys tab, and now you can manage the keys like you would other groups. This also lets you easily delete keys.  You can do the same for other group types. If you would like a different way to be able to delete keys from the library, please provide details on how you would like it to work.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks, Mike, this method works beautifully, the problem, in my opinion, is that is not very intuitive to find that option for the average user.

I was intuitively looking for that option  on the "Select items" screen.

Since you're asking, maybe  just adding a fourth button ("Manage keys" ) there to access directly the Manage keys screen (not only for keys, of course, but for all the other groups) would be more intuitive.

Thanks!

[Image: 1j8ckic04jK6kuLYYZiiypnJL-ljf6sL-Gb50Jir...JB8k=w2400]
I can consider adding a delete button to that dialog, even though it's purpose is really for selecting what to filter on. There really isn't a specific dialog to manage keys or other groups. There is the group editor, but that's for editing songs inside a group. 

Thanks,
Mike