• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genre Filter: AND Function
Currently if more than one Genre is selected, all songs that match either of the selected Genres are displayed. 

Example: If 'Jazz' and 'Ballad' are selected, all songs that are either Jazz or Ballad will be displayed.

I suggest an AND function that will allow the user to select all Jazz Ballad songs. An 'And' instead of an 'Or' seems that it would be more useful anyway and should be default.
This has been brought up in the past, so it's something I'm going to address at some point. I'm either going to add an option to control whether the selection is AND'd or OR'd, or I'm going to support a more advanced syntax for the search text that will support things like specific field comparisons and AND/OR logic. As for which is more useful, I think that's situational and every user could have a different opinion about that. For me personally, the current behavior is more useful than if the selections were And'd together because I want to see songs from multiple categories, not songs that belong to multiple categories.

Mike