• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Bug in version 1.9.7. ?
#1
Hello,

yesterday my MobileSheetsPro (Android) updated to the latest version 1.9.7.. Today I made a backup of my library on my main tablet (Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Pro) and restored the backup file on my second device (Samsung Galaxy Tab 3). I did this often times before.
This time resulted something strange on the second device:
restoring process as usual. I controlled the newly added song files (PDFs). They are there. But there's something strange in the text attributes I added to these leadsheets.
(I always add some 'stage directions' to my leadsheets, so that I know, when to change registries on my Yamaha keyboard; I add for example: "#2" in red colour at the specified place). Now - in the restored library - the text is a bit delocated, (disturbing the chord indications). And - only the number, e.g. "2" is in red colour, the leading "#" sign is in black!
Strange - isn't it? I don't know whether this is a problem only with the newest 1.9.7. version, since I didn't restore a backup file to my Samsung tablet for several weeks now. But it was never a problem before.


Greetings from germany

Ulrich
Reply
#2
Hello again,

I forgot to mention: this strange behaviour is found only in new added song sheets - added under version 1.9.7.! Older songs in the library are not affected.
So - more likely - this may not be an issue with the restore function, but with storing text attributes in version 1.9.7.?


More greetings from germany

Ulrich
Reply
#3
And hello again,

I found something out by experimenting:
Both of my tablets run the 1.9.7. version, but the problem is only in my Samsung tablet. And it's in the text editor ("A" - symbol). In this editor window there's an insert field for e.g. "#" and other note symbols.
Tapping on the down arrow on the right hand side in order to choose the needed symbol for inserting opens a drop down list of all the symbols available. Some of them - including the "#" symbol - are greyed out, but can be selected. When inserted, they are displayed in black - inspite of the chosen colour. And a space before and after the symbol is added.
Other selectable symbols are displayed in white in the drop down list and - if inserted as text - they display normally.

Song sheets added in former versions display as they should. But when editing them results in the same strange behaviour.

May be this can help finding the bug.


Greetings from germany

Ulrich
Reply
#4
Thanks for all the information Ulrich. The insert text field was really only meant as a workaround until the annotations rework was completed. If you can hold out, I think the new additional symbols that will be available should meet your needs.

Mike
Reply
#5
(11-06-2017, 10:12 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Thanks for all the information Ulrich. The insert text field was really only meant as a workaround until the annotations rework was completed. If you can hold out, I think the new additional symbols that will be available should meet your needs.

Mike

Hello Mike,

thanks alot. That's fine with me. I will hold out.

Ulrich
Reply


Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)


  Theme © 2014 iAndrew  
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2018 MyBB Group.