• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send setlist / Select role / Colour by parameter / Group inside setlist
That's an interesting idea. Each version will require a unique name, so if a name is provided in the CSV for the version, that could be used to figure out whether to update an existing song version or create a new one. 

When it comes to collapsing existing songs into one song with multiple versions, I'm not sure if there will be a way to automatically do that. I could certainly provide an option on the library screen where a new option is available if you select multiple songs ("Combine Songs" or something like that).  I'm sure a utility could be created/added to find songs sharing the same file and prompt if they should be combined... I'll have to think on this some more, but I'm open to suggestions.

Mike
That'd be good, I think. Maybe some simple name building from title (title without spaces, commas and so on) + version number (There'll be some changes made -> therellbesomechangesmade_001) so one can manually create a unique name without conflicts? Or what do you think?

[quote pid='20256' dateline='1511762591']
When it comes to collapsing existing songs into one song with multiple versions, I'm not sure if there will be a way to automatically do that. I could certainly provide an option on the library screen where a new option is available if you select multiple songs ("Combine Songs" or something like that).  I'm sure a utility could be created/added to find songs sharing the same file and prompt if they should be combined... I'll have to think on this some more, but I'm open to suggestions.
[/quote]
I think a way to collapse (and if needed to expand back) marked songs into versions from the GUI is needed. An automatical conversion of all (though I certainly would need it) is probably not necessary to code into the GUI. I doubt many people have intentionally so many "duplicates" in their database they want to convert to versions as I. If not they should speak up.
Maybe there can be some utility for external SQL-editing or such though. Maybe you could put some functions like that into the companion for "advanced editing" outside of the MSP GUI? Just a thought.